“Wonderful Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Afton
Le Bleu Ridge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 6 Afton B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Danielle and Marcel make the most fabulous hosts. My partner and I had a wonderful stay at their place in January 2013. Danielle's cooking is really top-notch and authentic French/Quebecoise. Do yourself a favor and stay over their house, you will be certain to have a wonderful experience!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I couldn't rave more about this place! Super cozy, in a beautiful area, and Danielle makes the BEST food! It's so close to all the wineries/breweries, hiking, skiing, caverns, and Charlottesville! My wife and I went here for our honeymoon and we couldn't have picked a better B&B! Thank you so much Danielle, Marcel, muffin, and mumu!

- Amanda

Sidenote: This b&b IS LGBT friendly, which I know is a tiptoe subject in rural Virginia. My wife and I felt very comfortable in the area. The host had no problem with it, and lucky for us - neither did any of the other guests!

Room Tip: The blue moon room has a gas fireplace and renovated bathroom!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

After a lot of reviewing online, we decided to book Le Bleu Ridge and are so glad we did! We will definitely be back! We felt like we were at home and as many of the reviews say on here the food is absolutley delicious. Also, the locaiton is PERFECT if you are doing a wine tour or going ot the breweries.

Thanks so much for your hospitality!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The cottage was very cozy and the scenery beautiful. We were very happy to find accommodation close by our appointments. Also we were surprised to find a B and B that already prepares breakfast following the healthy dietary restrictions that we adopted two years ago, including very high quality ingredients. We will certainly make reservations with Le Bleu Ridge the next time we are in that area.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the cottage very much but saw the rooms in the main house and would have been happy in on...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

What a great, relaxing spot! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!

My husband and I (we're from D.C.) just wanted to get away for the weekend and love the Charlottesville areas. We've been several times over the past few years and have always stayed somewhere different (hotels, Wintergreen, etc.), but now know where we'll be staying from now on! I am a true believer that service can make or break an experience and I have to say that Danielle and Marcel were the best - so kind and accommodating! The house itself is decorated nicely - we loved our room - and the bed was so comfortable. The food was amazing. I am a pretty healthy eater, so was really appreciative for a breakfast that was both incredibly delicious and healthy. Needless to say, we were both stuffed after. Danielle, who went to culinary school, mentioned she may start offering cooking classes at the B&B - if so, sign me up!

Le Bleu Ridge is close to several wineries and breweries - on this trip, we stopped by Afton Mountain and Veritas as well as Wild Wolf Brewery for dinner, but Flying Fox (which shares a parking lot with Le Bleu), Wintergreen, and Blue Mountain Brewery are all also very close.

We are already talking about when we can return - we are hoping to meet up with some family and/or friends and rent the entire place. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Le Bleu Ridge in October to attend The Festy - a wonderful music festival. First, Le Bleu Ridge is located on one of my favorite stretches of road in Virginia. Nelson County hills with breweries and wineries - a "can't miss" combination. Our room was very comfortable and breakfast was a delight. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and have already booked for the next year. Even trying to talk friends into coming with us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I planned a trip to Monticello and Virginia wine country and Le Bleu was situated right in the middle of everything I wanted to do. It was about 1/2 hour away from Monticello and very close to several wineries on my list. When I arrived Danielle was so welcoming and the place was clean and cozy. Breakfast the next morning far exceeded my expectations. It was a lovely stay and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afton
Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast
Iris Inn
#1 of 4 in Waynesboro
The Inn at Sugar Hollow Farm
Orchard House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Le Bleu Ridge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!