“Great dinner place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Really good food and a nice atmosphere. There are not too many good places to eat in Abingdon but this is certainly one of them. Eat inside instead of on their deck since they are near the road. It is nice inside too.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Since wife and I found our lunch choices in Abington limited on a Sunday we were pleased to find this restaurant open and full of diners. We were seated immediately at the last available table in one of the small quiet rooms; paintings and pottery by local artists decorated the restaurant and were for sale. The restaurant occupies an old house with a simply decorated cute interior. Our server, who said she had been employed there only a month, was well informed and helpful. We ordered a chicken salad sandwich served with cheese grits and southwestern omelet. Both orders arrived surprisingly fast considering the number of diners. The food was excellent; the grits were some of the best we have had. The chicken salad tasted fresh made and the omelet was loaded with tasty ingredients. Both orders came with fresh fruit. Including a generous tip our bill was $30.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I loved the old house and the bakery products & desserts were youumy, the food was good, but I was a littel taken back by the prices, not at all what I expected.

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

During our vacation happened to get off 81 to go to a local winery, but decided to get a bite to eat. Decided to take a chance on a little house restaurant that had lots of cars in the lot...great choice. Service is a little slow, but understandable due to the amount of customers and short staff. Southwestern Omelet was awesome and so was my wife's crepe. Their potatoes are very good as well. If you are not in a rush, this is a good stop.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Friends and I recently stopped for lunch on a trip between Virginia and Tennessee. Having stopped there once before on a solo trip, I knew the food to be excellent, so I wanted to share it with my friends. Unfortunately, we had a terrible experience. I arrived at 12 Noon as we were in separate cars, my friends arrived soon after. We ordered drinks, placed our order and chatted. Forty-five minutes later we inquired about our order as we were anxious to eat and be on our way. We were told that a party of 12 had arrived just before us, and they would have to wait on them first. Would have been nice if they had told us that; however, the waitress indicated that since our party didn't arrive all at once caused our order to be delayed. Huh? Her attitude was less than accommodating, and to be fair, we were pleasant when we asked her to check on the order. However, it was downhill from that point. We needed to be on our way, so we paid for our drinks and left. There were no apologies, no please return, so I won't. You would be best served to place a takeout order as the service at this restaurant is spotty at best.