“We Love Luke's”

Luke's Cafe
Ranked #9 of 91 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 25, 2014

THIS is a wonderful addition to Abingdon's eateries!!! Great selection of perfectly prepared foods, incl. great hot sandwiches, salads, homemade soups & desserts. They also offer several dinner specials every evening. The speedy service is OH so friendly- just like home folks! The chef here was the chef at The Starving Artist. Now you know why the food is so delicious. You gotta go several times just to try the wonderful selections: crab cakes, fish tacos, prime rib, you name it !!! And BTW: ask for Becky Boone: she's as good as they come!!!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I visited Luke's Café in Abingdon today for the first time. It was excellent by all measures! I had the fish taco's and my wife had the crab cakes and both were superb. Another patron and I plus a table in between us were discussing the fish taco's and she said they were the best she has ever had. I agree that they were superb and one of the two best I've ever had. The service was also excellent and the surroundings very pleasant. While not cheap, you receive good value for your money at Luke's. I highly recommend it and we will definitely be going back!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I were really impressed with this little gem of a funky 50's style "diner". The menu isn't all that different from what else we have around here( this is temporary according to Luke) but VERY different in how it's done. The very best puffy Fish taco's I think I've ever had and my husband's Club sandwich had real turkey and the freshest of ingredients. There are lunch and dinner specials daily which I am really looking forward to trying. Portions are quite generous. Outside tables with umbrellas and such friendly efficient service and very fair prices. This young man who is also a local musician and went to culinary school really cares about his food and customers. A Gem...do try it!!!!

1  Thank Bevo4
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Luke came off the road with his music and attended culinary school....WOW here is a throw back to the 60s...but the food coming out of this mom&pop establishment will hold its own with the best. Our fish tacos with jalapeños aioli really popped with well balanced flavor. The desert rivals any NY cheezecake! It tastes as good as it looks. We will be back!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

After the closing of the run-down "Ma's & Pa's" greasy spoon, we were glad to see new owners and total renovation of the building.

My wife and I stopped by for lunch on a nice sunny day and were met with a full parking lot. We were pleased, however, that there was no waiting for a table (although we did get the last one available at the time.)

We both ordered a cheeseburger and fries. The burger was about 1/2 pound and cooked perfectly. The fries were nothing special but okay.

Drinks are served in a "Ball" jar with a handle. Nice touch.

The atmosphere is a little mixed. Mostly 50's and 60's decor.

We'll be back.