“Fabulous weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Copper Lantern Boutique Inn
Ranked #1 of 16 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Fabulous weekend!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the Copper Lantern Inn in Abingdon, VA, for a "sister weekend," and it was absolutely phenomenal. From the moment we walked in, Kimberly (our hostess) made us feel right at home. We planned our trip on the phone through her mother, Debra, and all of our tickets and reservations for activities were made for us (dinner at restaurants, seeing a show at the theater, etc.). Speaking of food, the breakfasts at the inn were amazing, and we didn't need to eat again until dinner. The inn was also in walking distance to shopping, dining, and the theater, and we went to the Barter Theater to see the play "I Do, I Do, I Do," which was fantastic.

Our hostesses were lovely, and I would highly recommend the Copper Lantern to any of my friends. In fact, I plan on returning when the weather is warmer and enjoying sitting on the outside porch in the evenings.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
stylehaus, Owner at Copper Lantern Boutique Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
How much fun it was to have the sisters here for a reunion! Kay, Lynn and Angie, mom and I so enjoyed taking care of you. I love that you thought of us for your time together. My mother only wished she could have been up here instead of Florida, Deb, is my assistant, we are a big family! We are now apart of yours the Ya Ya sisterhood! Next time, we will have my mom and the Captain here so we can continue the celebration, new menu and on the porch party Angie I will make my famous "punch"! Love to you all. Come back and God bless!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Lewisburg, West Virginia
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My sisters and I stayed at Copper Lantern Inn for our sister weekend. It was located about half way between our home cities, and was very easy to get to. Location in Abingdon is within easy walking distance to attractions, shopping, and dining. Kimberly and Debra, our hostesses, were absolutely wonderful and made us feel like royalty. They were so warm and welcoming we felt at home right away. I can't say enough about the wonderful homemade food, the beautiful restored and updated home, and the awesome front porch for enjoying relaxing evenings. They took care of all of our reservations before we arrived, so all we had to do was enjoy!! Can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Large rooms, quiet location. Our rooms were on second floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lynn T
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed February 12, 2014

From the get go, the wonderful mother & daughter team at the Copper Lantern Inn were extremely accommodating. Not only did they allow my wife and I to bend the rules and stay for only one night, they also made light of a potentially serious miscommunication. Once we were checked in, they took us on a tour of the house, poured us a few glasses of wine, and entertained us with the unique history of the house. From there, they pulled a few strings and got us a table at The Tavern, which was quite a feat considering the necessity of reservations at such a restaurant.
I really can't say enough about our stay at The Copper Lantern. The only problem was that it was too short. Our stay here really helped make a memorable weekend for my wife and I. Heck, they even mailed my wife's coat back to us after she left it there! Excellent service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher C
Virginia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The inn is a beautiful old home that has been lovingly restored. My wife and I stayed there with other family members one night between Christmas and New Year. Betty and Kimberly made us feel at home and made dinner reservations for us at the Tavern and obtained tickets for us to a play at the Barter theatre. Breakfast the next morning with a fruit smoothie and a dish of eggs, sausages, and couscous was creative, delicious, and filling. The only downside is the heating system could not overcome the cold weather. The public rooms and bedrooms were quite cold. Another quirk was the innkeeper wanted cash only instead of a credit card.

Room Tip: We booked all three rooms in the inn. Our favorite was an upstairs room with fireplace.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bill H
stylehaus, Owner at Copper Lantern Boutique Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2015
I am so very sorry that you did not make us aware of the temperature, as we would have gladly accommodated you. As for the comment about cash, we are a small business and are not set up for credit cards. Thank you for comments. Duly noted.

Warmest regards,
Kimberly
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My husband and I visited Copper Lantern Inn at the recommendation from some of our friends for our "mini"-moon. Our only prior B&B experience was from our travels abroad, and we were absolutely blown away by our stay. Knowing this was a special occasion for us, Ms. Kim made all of our reservations for us, and we were greeted with special treats and/or congratulations everywhere we went!

From the moment we walked in the door, our glasses (and our) were never empty. The food is not your typical spread. She goes above and beyond to accommodate your food and drink preferences, and the gourmet dishes are Michelin-worthy. The breakfast portions are more than enough to keep you full until appetizers in the afternoon. We found that we were barely even hungry enough for dinner, and opted to skip the restaurant appetizers and share a dessert after meals. I'm still dreaming of Ms. Kim's meatballs and brushcetta!

We stayed in the Washington Suite, which is the largest in the inn. It features the most comfortable bed you'll ever crawl into and the plushest, luxurious linens. The bathroom features a large walk-in shower and an adjacent copper soaking tub. Do not leave without having a soak!

The location couldn't be much better either. We were only one block away from the main street and were very comfortable walking to and from. It is a short, barely one minute drive if you decide to drive to Rain, The Tavern, or the Abingdon Olive Oil Co.

After all of our raving, we've convinced many family members and friends to consider Copper Lantern for their next getaway. We're certainly looking to our next visit!!

Room Tip: Hands down, the Washington Suite is well worth the price. Best sleep you'll ever have!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A_Asbury
Pineville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was our first experience at a bed and breakfast and I should say that my wife and I were a little apprehensive to say the least. Let me tell you that this was the best weekend we have had in years. Ms. Betty and Kimberly have set the bar very high for anyone and everyone in the B&B business. From the first moment we felt at home and these ladies made sure all of the details were taken care of, from reservations at The Barter Theatre to wonderful local restaurants. After biking on the Virginia Creeper Trail we were treated along with two other couples to hordevours and wine on the front porch. How good is that?
Don't even get me started on the food. While having my coffee each morning I really enjoyed watching the ladies conjure up truly gourmet meals, from hand crafted smoothies to bananas foster pancakes, not to mention the honey and orange marmalade brushed bacon. When we had to leave we felt as if we were leaving old friends. They say that strangers are just friends we haven't met yet. Well, we are so glad we met Betty and Kimberly and look forward to seeing them again.

Mike & Judy Hamilton

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bartlett, Tennessee
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

What an extraordinary surprise! For quite some time now, my wife and I have made a point of taking time in October to getaway, relax, and enjoy the fall colors. To make it even more special, many years ago, we began searching for and staying in bed and breakfast inns. It has become and remains a very important time each year as we look to rejuvenate and reconnect.
I had never stayed, nor even heard of, the Copper Lantern in Abingdon. I can't even tell you why we decided to try it, BUT I'M GLAD WE DID. From the time we got there until the time we reluctantly departed, it was terrific. Kim and Betty are some of the finest host we have ever encountered, bending over backwards to ensure our stay and experience was exceptional. We stayed in the Washington suite. It was large, comfortable, and lovely. Meals were outstanding and the portions more than enough, SERIOUSLY!
If you can make yourself get up from the wonderful front porch, you'll find Abingdon is a beautiful and quaint little town with tons of history and charm. You will not be disappointed.
This is a real find and we highly recommend this B and B to anyone looking for an extraordinary experience. We genuinely plan on going back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 9 in Abingdon
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol

Been to Copper Lantern Boutique Inn? Share your experiences!