“Even better than I expected.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Copper Lantern Boutique Inn
Ranked #1 of 16 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Greenville, South Carolina
“Even better than I expected.”
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to bike the VA creeper trail and I picked this inn because of it's stellar reviews. I figured it would be very nice, but it truly was better than I expected. The innkeepers work hard to make you feel comfortable and welcome and 'at home'. It's located in the historic part of the lovely town of Abingdon and we never had to drive anywhere. We could walk to great restaurants (the Tavern is outstanding), the theatre, start of the trail, etc. Breakfast was gourmet and yet informal. Hors doerves and wine excellent. Betty and Kim were welcoming and generous with their time and recommendations, even calling ahead to restaurants to make sure we were treated especially well. It's not often that I can recommend an inn wholeheartedly, but this one is exceptional.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Oakland, California
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Copper Lantern for 3 nights in April. Kimberley and Betty have created a very special environment alive with their warmth and attractive personalities. The beautiful house is tasteful and comfortable, a fine reflection of Kimberley's design background. Each room exudes a sense of luxury, comfort and good taste. All the details have been anticipated, allowing the guest to just relax and enjoy. Kimberley enjoys creating in her kitchen and is a fine cook. Breakfast is absolutely delicious and will fuel you for the day! Equally lovely are the wine and hors d'oeuvres served in the evening. From the moment I spoke to Betty on the phone to make the reservation, I felt welcomed and special. Upon arrival I was treated as a family member or longtime friend. They both have a natural easy way about them, truly born innkeepers! Our time here was a true treat. I left feeling like I had new friends. I look forward to staying here again whenever in the area. You will not be disappointed in the slightest should you choose the Copper Lantern.

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We had never stayed in a Bed & Breakfast before and were surprised at how enjoyable it was. Kim and Betty Ann made us feel welcome in their home. The B&B was immaculate and Kim's cooking was better than what you would receive at a fine restaurant.

If we stay at another B&B, they will have to meet our high expectations after staying at the Copper Lantern Inn. We would highly recommend this B&B to our friends and family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Due to the great reviews here, I decided to try the Inn for a Barter Theatre get-away with my daughter and two of her friends. Wow ! It really lives up to the reputation. Kim and Betty are so warm and welcoming. The house is amazing, yet very comfortable and homey. The bathrooms and bedrooms are private and lush. I slept like a baby and awoke to the sound of birds chirping outside my window. After a hot shower (with great water pressure), I sat on the front porch in the cool morning air listening to the gentle rain that was falling. Breakfast was delicious (5 star) and the other guests were friendly. We would love to just "move in".My daughter said "Mom, why did we ever stay in a hotel ?" For the money (gourmet breakfast, snacks, wine included) it's a bargain. Kudos to our hosts ! Can't wait to return for another visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SouthernTraveler117
Winston-Salem
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We don't often stay at a B&B, but had a lovely stay at the Copper Lantern Inn this month. Betty Ann and Kimberly could not have been more warm and gracious, making us feel like part of their family. Breakfast was delicious, and they even sent us on our way with a goodie bag, just in case we got hungry on our journey. Bob and Cindy

Room Tip: I loved the copper tub in the George Washington room.
1 Thank Cindy T
Trappe
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This B&B is reason enough to go to Abingdon, Virginia. A beautiful old house, lovingly maintained. Kimberly has brought a wonderful design sense to the place, and she thrives on being your hostess. She brought us wine and cheese to enjoy in the comfortable seating on the deep, shady front porch, and was happy to tell us about the Inn and the area. We ended up having a great dinner at a local restaurant (recommended by Kimberly) with another couple staying at the Inn, who were also a delight. Breakfast next morning was very well done, and we were sorry we had only one night to spend at the Copper Lantern.

Room Tip: The Washington Suite room and bath are just fabulous.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irene S
Cincinnati
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We had a lovely stay at the Copper Lantern Inn. We were warmly greeted by Betty Ann with wine and sweets after a 6 hour drive. The inn is beatifully docorated with lovely momentos and antiques collected by Kimberly. If you love a good breakfast, you won't be disappointed. Kim is a creative chef who adds extra yummy touches. We quickly learned not to have lunch because of the tasty appetizers Kim prepared at 5:00 PM. Dinner recommendations were top-notch and all were within walking distance. If you want to enjoy the Virginia Creeper Trail, this is a great location since it is 2 blocks away. The highlight of our stay was the outstanding, friendly and helpful service. We can't wait to return.

1 Thank Charlie989
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 10 in Abingdon
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol

Been to Copper Lantern Boutique Inn? Share your experiences!