“Excellent Customer Service!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Abingdon
Boone, North Carolina
“Excellent Customer Service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Richard, the General Manager, was very kind when I had to cancel a reservation due to the death of a friend. Although my reservation was non-refundable, Richard refunded it anyway. I appreciated his professionalism and kindness at such an emotional time. Thank you!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend I checked in and found the bathroom sink was covered in whiskers were someone had shaved. I cleaned that up myself thinking it was an over site. The next day once I returned to my room it hadn't been serviced by housekeeping only some towels put in bathroom. I informed the front desk and they got the general manager. He proceeded to tell me that I was paying a lower rate. So I guess if you stay here and shop for a good rate then don't expect customer service! Pool was nasty as well as the hot tub.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am a long-standing customer of Comfort Suites and have traveled for the majority of my 20+ year professional career. I had booked a one-night stay in anticipation of spending the night in the area. When it was obvious that I would conclude my business in plenty of time to return home - I called the hotel to cancel my reservation. I was informed of the cancellation policy and that I would be charged for the room regardless. Since I had called very early in the afternoon - I had hoped that the charge would be waived/adjusted. The manager stated that there was only one way that the charges could be reversed -- IF I would log on to Trip Advisor and rate the hotel as a "5 star" for customer service. He went on the say that the following business day - the charge would be credited back to my credit card. Honestly, I have never given a review like this but would have willingly done so – IF I had received excellent customer service . . . . but being manipulated/extorted in exchange for a positive rating is unethical and unprofessional. I am shocked that this type of behavior is tolerated in this organization - especially from their leadership. Needless to say, I have reported this incident and personally will not stay at the Comfort Suites when I return to the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I (4 adults and 1 child) stayed a weekend in Abingdon to ride the Virginia Creeper trail. The trail was awesome! We chose Comfort Suites because of the value and the indoor pool. On our way back from the ride, our truck broke down. We had to spend most of Monday trying to get repairs. The room and the pool were nice and clean. The breakfast was very good with a nice variety of hot food. The manager and staff were very accommodating very helpful in our dilemma. They went the extra mile providing excellent customer service. We will definately be riding the trail again and we will definately stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Close to Damascus as I was looking at a property there. Staff was extremely helpful, suggested restaurants and offered directions to my bank locally. Easy to navigate to and from, breakfast is good with hot & cold selections. Overall a good value in a small town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Skillman, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I reserved a room about a month ago for a college visiting trip. On our drive to the location, I received an emergency call for me to go back to the office. I had to cancel my reservation for all the hotels on route. When I tried calling one of the other hotels, the clerk told me that I wouldn't be given any money back because it was an advanced purchase rental. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I called Comfort Suites. The manager, who was very understanding and accommodating, asked me to explain the situation to him, and then he returned our advanced purchase fees. If we have the chance to pass this town, I would definitely stop and stay at this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Well run property with very friendly and helpful staff.
Breakfast is slightly upscale from most Comfort Suites.
Exceptional indoor pool and hot tub,
Just off expressway but close to the cute little town with good restauants and northern end of Virginia Creeper bicycle trail.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Hampton Inn Abingdon
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!