“helpful courteous staff, excellent room!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Cleveland, Tennessee
“helpful courteous staff, excellent room!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This has been our destination hotel for previous creeper trail excursions. Wife and I planned a getaway weekend for another trail ride. Due to medical issues, we were forced to cancel a few hours before arrival on our first night. Richard was very understanding and helpful in accommodating our cancellation. Highly recommend staying here. Michael

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The room was spacious and clean. The free much-more-than-continental breakfast had a great selection, with hot items including waffles, eggs, bacon, and sausage biscuits, and more. I didn't experience any noise problems on my particular date. The pillows were a nuisance – these strange, mini, half-size things that made it difficult to sleep. I would suggest a new supplier of normal sized pillows. We did not make use of the pool, so I have no comment on that.

Jefferson, Maryland
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Suites as a stopover point between Maryland and Nashville.

Weary from a long drive down 81S, we easily found this property. The directions were very good on the website--look for the bank on the corner and take a turn. Couldn't be easier.

The lobby was clean and welcoming. The desk staff were ALL warm and welcoming--an example of Southern Hospitality at it's finest.

There were 3 luggage racks ready to go at the door. Check in was friendly and easy. The room was a double queen and it was fabulous! Plenty of space for two sisters with tons of luggage (yes for an overnight stay, you need 5 suitcases).

The television has lots of cable channels. Nice big flat screen t.v. with good sound. The mini fridge had a nice feature: soda-pop-can-sized holders in the door, thus freeing space for important other items inside the refrigerator.

The microwave was clean and in good working order.

The indoor pool and whirlpool (hot tub with jets) were clean and in good working order! How many times do you select a hotel because of the hot tub amenity, only to find out it is out of order? For me, many times. I selected this hotel because of that feature. After a long drive on the interstate a nice relaxing hot tub is just the ticket!

Coming back from Nashville I used my Choice Privileges points and got a wonderful 2 Queen Bed suite with full kitchen. It was the biggest suite I've been in. A great view over the rolling grazing mountains of VA.

Breakfast was good. Penny, the breakfast room attendant, kept everything well stocked and clean. She kept the tables clean, too. We had warm biscuits, eggs (omlette style and boiled), yogurt, blueberry waffle and regular, and fruit. All included in the room rate.

The hotel is a stones-throw distance from Homewood and to Main Street/down town Abingdon. There is a feed store/general store across the street which was fun to shop in.

We will return to Abingdon as a destination point and will stay here at the comfort Suites on Ole Berry Drive.

richmond va
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family and I were really looking forward to our trip to Abingdon but unfortunately at the last minute we were unable to go.Richard made our dissappointment a little easier to deal with by refunding our money. We usually spend our nights out of town at Comfort suites if possible. Good rates clean and they usually have a nice pool for the kids.....and hottub for me. Just wanted to say Richard was extra kind and accomidating Thank you!

1 Thank koebelady
Seymour, TN
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was our first time staying at this Comfort Inn Suites and we found it to be very comfortable and clean. We had a King Suite, which included a microwave and fridge. Very nice accommodations for the price. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Three Way
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel as part of a business trip last week. Early the morning of the day I was scheduled to arrive, My wife called saying she was at the ER. She needed emergency surgery. I immediately headed back to west Tennessee. I called the Choice Hotels 1-800 number to cancel the reservation. They sent me to the specific hotel where I had the reservation. When I called, Richard was very understanding and worked with me. Since I am a Choice Priviledges member, he agreed to refund the reservation even though the 24 hour deadline had past. I realize that he didn't have to do that but do appreciate the gesture. I will continue to stay at Choice Hotels whenever possible. Thanks.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Salisbury, Connecticut
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Positives: the room was very large. the place was clean. the desk guy was cordial. It's only a short drive to the Peppermill restaurant, which is really good. The breakfast included eggs, sausage, hash browns, and biscuits and gravy all at the same time. Usually you get three out of four, not all four. We appreciated that.

Negatives: "Ole Berry Drive" does not exist on my GPS. We actually had to navigate here via coordinates. It's probably actually "Old Berry Drive" or something similar, but they really do need to work out where they are so finding them is a little easier. Remarkably, we had the same problem three years ago when we stayed there, told the people at the desk at that time, and it hasn't been fixed yet.

While the room was very large it had a quality about it that my wife and I concluded was that it looked like an Eastern European hotel room might have looked back during the cold war. Perfectly functional, but so many missed opportunities to make it really nice. "Drab" is one term that comes to mind, despite the interesting art on the walls.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Quality Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!