“Wonderfull Home”
other traveler has booked this property
Powder Room Off Entryway Master Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Powder Room Off Entryway
Master Bedroom
Master Bath - Brand new and complete with all the amenities for your stay.
Master Bedroom Writing Nook
Guest Bedroom
Guest Bedroom Writing Nook
Dining Room
Dining Room into Living Room
Living Room - Perfect for family gatherings. Room for everyone!
Screened-In Porch - For long-awaited conversations or enjoying a card game on a crisp morning.
Inviting Front Porch - Sit and watch for your friends and family to arrive.
Blue Sky - you will not be able to wait to get out and explore Abingdon!
Park Street Guest House is a Certified Wildlife Habitat
Easy Access for bikes, strollers and special needs.
Front Porch
Main Entry - A bridge built to dreams!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jerry F
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Wonderfull Home”
Reviewed December 24, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

A great home next to Martha Washington Inn and a block from the world famous Barter Theater. Also 128 Pecan Restaurant is across the street. This is a great location in Abingdon,VA. Janet is a gracious owner that put everything you will need in the home. We are having Christmas here and are cooking for a dozen or more friends and family. You will feel at home here . We plan to return many times.

May 24, 2018
Thanks, Jerry. I enjoyed meeting both of you and hope you'll come back to Abingdon and the Guest House.
wfairf
Fairfax, Virginia
“The Ideal Guest House with The Most Gracious Hostess!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

If I could rate this guest house with more than 5 stars, then I certainly would do so!! My friends and I reserved the guest house from September 7, 2016 to September 12, 2016, and we have absolutely no complaints. You will immediately know this property is special when you arrive and see the myriad of plants surrounding the house. I was so impressed with the landscape that I toured the entire yard before I walked into the house. Then, the interior of the house amazed all of us!

This property has all of the conveniences of home, and it is within walking distance of restaurants. We ate breakfast each morning within the screened back porch, and we also enjoyed tea or an adult beverage on the screened porch at night. The only time my friends and I used our car was when we commuted to our event in Bristol.

My friends and I are health conscious but we enjoy a good beer. I brought my bike, and I biked the Virginia Creeper Trail which is located around the corner from the guest house. A bike shop is located next door to the guest house which was convenient because I discovered a slow leak in my rear tire. The shop replaced my inner tube within 10 minutes.

We had a delicious meal at the Peppermil located on Main Street, and my friends sampled the beer at Wolf Hills Brewery which is located down the street from the guest house.

There is a natural foods market across the street from guest house where I purchased organic tea. This market has a little bit of everything (e.g., apothecary, free range meat, bakery, etc.).

Lastly but definitely not least, the owner (Ms. Janet) is absolutely wonderful!! She responded immediately to my initial inquiry about making reservations. She is definitely Abingdon’s best advocate because she had me eager to visit Abingdon months before I arrived. I highly recommend this property, and I will definitely return!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property is located within walking distance to main attractions.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Sep 13, 2016
It was a real treat to have you, especially since you so appreciated the outside features of the Guest House, the conveniences of the neighborhood and small town accessibility. Abingdon and I hope you'll come back soon.
sandypits
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Always a sure thing.”
Reviewed August 8, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

This was my third time staying at the Guest House, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. In fact, we plan our trips based on availability. The home is so convenient, immaculate, and well designed, it's like home away from home. Janet has listened to her feedback, paid attention to the details, and works hard to assure a comfortable stay for her guests. Simply the best.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: proximity to all interests
Liked least: The cookware in the kitchen could be upgraded, but nice things in a rental tend to disappear!
Aug 11, 2016
There's no greater compliment than return guests and I always look forward to your "Girls' Weekend" in Abingdon. Thanks for your kind words and returning again and again to Park Street Guest House.
FunMom21
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Incredibly lovely and great proximity to heart of downtown Abingdon”
Reviewed December 2, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

From the moment I talked with Janet on the phone to the evening we arrived, my communication with her was friendly and accommodating. The house was spacious, very clean, and tastefully decorated. Most anything we could need, including a local grocery discount card, she made available for us.

The house is located a short walk from Main Street in one direction and the Creeper Trail in the other. The train tracks are close by and my kids loved hearing it go by. I enjoyed it as well (and the whistles do not blow at night) but if you are a light sleeper, Janet had thoughtfully put earplugs on the bedside tables (along with candy and bottled water).

The kitchen was well-appointed (save for a liquid measuring cup which I couldn't find but was probably the only thing I needed that they didn't have). The screened in porch was delightful and had it not been so chilly I would've enjoyed sitting out there more.

My husband and I are 'Walking Dead' fans and our stay included a Sunday night - it was such a nice treat that the cable on the TV included AMC. We were even able to access my husband's Netflix account so the kids could watch a show.

Places we enjoyed this time included breakfast at Zazzy's, which we walked to no problem. The kids loved the little playground on the walk back and I loved that it had a Little Free LIbrary which we used. Kids also liked the creek (my daughter fell in but not to worry - we used the washing machine and dryer at the rental house!).

We visited the Holston Mountain Artisans Craft Shop which is just a short walk up the road from the house and it had so many nice items. We stopped in the health food store across the street for a fresh smoothie. Rain was a nice spot for drinks one evening and the BBQ was good at Bonefire on Main Street. My daughter loved the yarn store behind the house.

We visited with family a lot and this house was a perfect retreat for us - it was nice to have our own space yet be within minutes drive of visiting everyone.

I highly recommend this place!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The sheets in the front bedroom were super soft and cozy.
Liked least: That it was too cold to use the screened in porch too much.
Traveling group: Young Children
Dec 3, 2015
Thanks for your glowing review, Mandy. Not too many people use the washer and dryer but I'm glad it was there when you needed it. I've acepted the shopping assignment to re-stock the kitchen with measuring equipment and it should be ready and waiting for your next visit home. Hope you get to return soon. janet
Jeffery H
“Perfect Place”
Reviewed October 13, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My wife and I stayed with another couple and had a wonderful time. House is new and clean and very comfortable. Both bedrooms are equally large with their own bathrooms. It is ideally situated a block from the restaurants downtown and the Creeper Trail. We will be back!

Dec 3, 2015
I'm so glad you had a chance to enjoy Abingdon in the fall. Lots of things to do and see any time of the year but especially enjoyable during the fall color season.

Thanks for your review and I'll hope to see you and your friends in the future.

Best regards,

Janet
Park Street Guest House
VMG_11
Manassas, Virginia
“What a Gem!”
Reviewed August 13, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We went with another couple to Abingdon, VA for the Highlands Festival and two plays at the Barter Theater and rented Park Street Guest House through an Internet search. Talk about lucking out - what a delightful surprise awaited us! The two bedrooms were large with plenty of closet and drawer space. Each bedroom had its own bath plus there was a half bath in the hall. The living room furniture was very comfortable and cozy and the kitchen had anything you would need. The house was immaculate. The theater and town were easy to walk to as was 128 Pecan, a wonderful restaurant right around the corner. This house is a gem and we would definitely stay there again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, comfort, and cleanliness.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aug 18, 2015
I'm so pleased you picked the Guest House and that you enjoyed your stay. Travelers trust other travelers for valid reviews and I very much appreciate your endorsement. Safe travels and come back soon.....Janet
wsfariss
Virginia
“wonderful place”
Reviewed August 6, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

What a charming house that is in a perfect location. We loved our stay here. We parked our car on Friday and did not use it again until we left on Sunday. Walked everywhere. Loved the screened in porch for a rather rainy weekend

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Charm of house/location
Liked least: beds were a little too soft for my taste but not really an issue
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Aug 18, 2015
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Location and comfort are at the top of travelers' lists and your endorsement will help them decide the Guest House is exactly what they're looking for. Thanks so much for your kind words. Safe travels and come back soon.....Janet
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing