“128 Pecan - The Best!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I were planning to stop in Abingdon for dinner so I checked here on TA to see what was recommended. And based on what I saw, we looked up 128 Pecan to give it a try.
I think it was about 4:00 when we arrived and few customers were there. We were seated immediately and our server (I think Josh was his name) came and took our order after going into detail about all of the choices we had. He was very thorough in explaining all we needed to know about the different dishes.
I ordered the "Jerk Chicken" with black beans and rice and pineapple salsa. Mercy, that stuff is good! I've had jerk chicken before but this was without a doubt, the best ever! The flavors just burst out with each bite. I could live on this stuff.
My wife chose the "Chicken Florentine" and she loved it as well. I normally finish my meals before she does, but this was once when we finished at about the same time. She said that was probably the best chicken dish she had ever had as well. These people really know how to put on a meal. And we will definitely be going back before too long.

1  Thank XD9packer

Reviewed April 25, 2014

we were there last night for dinner, and it was wonderful! Four of us had seafood, chicken and steak - all well-cooked and seasoned. Very fresh salad with house cider dressing. Lovely key-lime dessert. Our waitress Angie was outstanding - attentive despite the crowd and great personality. Owner Jack was also attentive, and very friendly. Prices were very reasonable. Highly recommend!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were taken to 128 Pecan by local people who knew the owner and knew we would be served good food here. It was a busy spot for lunch but we were seated within a few minutes of arriving. The waitress was efficient and we all enjoyed our meals of salads, and soup. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you were in Abingdon. It is not on the main street but is worth finding if you are looking for a great place for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We visit Abingdon often and ALWAYS go to 128 Pecan for lunch or dinner. I had the Salmon and Grits and welcomed the opportunity to taste my wife's trout. Both were scrumptious and well presented. Prices are very reasonable and the quality of the food is equivalent to or better than the numerous top of the line seafood resturants I've enjoyed recently. As I said earlier, we ALWAYS make it a point to stop at this lovely resturant when passing Abingdon on I-81 or when we visit the area. You will not be disappointed. If the weather is pleasant, enjoy your dinner on the porch!!!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a small place but the food is wonderful.the chef is 'home grown' . The black bean soup is...

1  Thank doobie44