“a little bit a magic in sw va”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Creeper's End Lodging
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“a little bit a magic in sw va”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

My cycling friends and I spent two wonderful nights at Creeper's End Lodging 4-23 &24th. The photos don't do it justice! New construction, high end amenities, spotlessly clean, and many small and thoughtful details (like a tray of reading glasses) that made A 1 A cottage feel much nicer than home. The gardens were lovely with lots of inviting seating. We could walk to everything in this charming town. The gas fireplace was a cozy start to a chilly morning. I give this the highest rating.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary Ellen W

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We arrived in Abington during a snow storm with frigid weather. I called several B&B and they were all booked. The Visitors Center suggested this lodging. It is so nice. The set up is a two story cottage, with a fireplace in the living room with TV, a small but well equipped kitchen with an eating area, a bedroom with 2 queen beds with TV and an ample bathroom. The whole area is spacious, clean and very attractive. Your own private entrance with parking at your door. It was 5 degrees and the place stayed warm...having a glass of wine in front of the gas fireplace was great. Now, there was no one upstairs while we were there (I assume it is the same layout) so I don't know about noise. The upstairs has it's own entrance. It is right beside the Virginia Creepers trail and two blocks off Main street, where the theatre is. Very walkable location. 123 Pecan restaurant is 1 block away.
There is the train, that comes by abt 2:30 am but does not blow it's whistle, so it really did not bother us. It comes by at other times but it really is no bother. This is perfect for two couples who want to be together and still have some privacy. Abington is an expensive lodging town and this was reasonable at $150 total. I've already recommended it and would return in warmer weather.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atraveler313
Franklin, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I just got home from Abingdon (November 13-15, 2013) and loved your cottage. The attention to detail was amazing and the furnishings beautiful while being extremely comfortable. My husband compared it to our stays at The Inn on Biltmore Estate. Your onsite manager was pleasant made us feel welcome and urged us to call if we had questions. We discovered that Abingdon is just 3 hours from our home in NC so we will be back. The drive over has magnificent mountain scenery. The trains were delightful to me since my Dad was a career railroad employee and instilled the love of trains in all of his children.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I took a last minute trip to Abingdon to celebrate our anniversary. I researched places to stay and found Creeper's End Lodging. From the very first email I received from Jill, the owner, I knew we had found the right place to stay. We communicated via email and I always received a response right away. I was lucky to find a place with such a caring owner. We came to Abingdon to ride The Creeper Trail. Jill gave us suggestions on shuttle businesses to use and also booked our tickets to The Barter Theatre.
From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by Barbara. She is the most friendly person and makes you feel right at home. I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms. They were so clean and beautiful. They are new, but have that historic feel to them. The amenities were top-notch, from granite countertops, to the coziest bedding. Also, the bathroom was extremely clean. I have never stayed anywhere with a bathmat as soft as the one here. That may seem silly, but all the little details stood out to me.
If you are looking for a great place to stay that is close to everything...look no further because you have found the place. It is in walking distance to everything. The Barter Theatre is a must and there are many great restaurants to choose from in this area. We can't wait to return for another visit!

Room Tip: Some rooms have fireplaces, others not. We booked last minute, so we weren't able to get a room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jenburris
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

These cottages are by far the most enjoyable lodging I have experienced in years. Creepers' End lodging was as lovely as a B&B, but offered the privacy of a hotel room. The owner and manager are full of genuine of Southern Hospitality. Our room was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and looked brand new. The location is perfect- the quaint town of Abingdon just a short walk away, the Creeper Trailhead a short distance across the tracks. The Barter Theater is a must see: well done and professionally executed. The superb food at the Tavern restaurant was top notch as was our server. We look forward to bringing the rest of our family to Abingdon and Creeper's End in the very near future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaJ7032013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

​My wife and I had an absolutely wonderful time in Abingdon Virginia while staying at Creeper's End Lodging located within walking distance of the Virginia Creeper Trail and world class restaurants 128 Pecan and Rain. I cannot say enough about the quality, luxury and comfort of Creeper End Lodging and I will try to find words worthy of description while writing this review. The moment we pulled into the pebbled drive and saw the colonial pastel yellow cottages we felt at home in a different time and place. Each suite is part of a free standing cottage with its own front and rear entrance and garden setting area. We entered our room to find it fully appointed with modern amenities, kitchenette, refrigerator, granite counter tops and dishwasher, gas log fireplace and large flat screen TV, designed in the authentic feng shui of colonial Williamsburg. The grounds are ornately landscaped and groomed to contribute to your sense of being in a part of history.
Even the proximity of the train provided a sense of excitement like being in a set from Tom Sawyer. Inside, the walls were so well insulated and windows curtained that we were ensconced in our own peaceful cocoon. We loved riding the Virginia Creeper Trail, the reason for our visit, but we will plan our future visits in order to stay at Creepers End Lodging.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter T
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at the Creeper's End Lodging (unit 5) in late July 2013. Although my husband and I had some trepidation about sharing two bedrooms and one bathroom with three 20-something year olds, the accommodations were perfect for us and the room rate was more than reasonable. Our goal was to visit Heartwood, Abingdon vineyard, and Wolf Hill Brewery, take in a play at the Barter Theater and to bike the Creeper Trail over a long weekend. Of course the location of our accommodations was ideal for all of our activities. So nice not to have to worry about where to park. Heck, we didn't even have to make reservations for the play we attended -- the owner Jill took care of that. The kitchenette in the unit met our needs. Was nice to have the option of eating in. The memory foam mattresses (including the one in the sleep sofa) were fantastic. . . particularly after biking the Creeper Trail (in the rain). The site manager Barbara was extremely responsive to us and seemed to genuinely care that our stay was perfect in every way. We had such a great time that we are trying to talk our neighbors into going back with us in the fall. Abingdon is a great vacation destination and the Creepers End Lodging makes the trip so easy. P.S. One of the highlights of our trip was meeting Mr. Lawrence Dye, age 81, on the Creeper Trail. Be sure to google his name -- he is truly an inspiration in the biking community.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 10 in Abingdon
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol

Been to Creeper's End Lodging? Share your experiences!