“Bonefire Ribs Yum”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Bonefire Ribs Yum”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We all enjoined this local restaurant. The cornbread fritters they are known for we're good but a little too sweet for me. The kids loved their first orange Nehi's and the place has allot of character! My he ribs were awesome and we enjoined the BBQ bar!

Visited October 2013

Pennington Gap, Virginia
“Largely Unimpressed”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had heard several positive comments about this place, so my family thought we would give it a try. The building exterior and decor are attracive, but sanitation quickly became an obvious opportunity. Both urinals were out of order in the men's room and flies were swarming around the one working toilet, which had all around the floor around it. We were harrassed by 3-4 flies all during our meal. I began looking around and noticed that dust was 1/4" thick on several vents and walls/pictures had food splatter on them. As for the food, the positives were the cornbread fritters, mashed sweet potatoes, and the memphis sweet bbq sauce. The negatives were pretty much everything else. My brisket and chicken had absolutely zero smoke flavor and basically tasted like meat that had been boiled in plain water with no seasoning. The baked beans were underseasoned beans with chunks of meat in a watery sauce. My son's bbq sandwich bun was burnt black. The only saving grace was the fact that the bbq sauce was delicious and we were able to smother the flavorless meat with it. The service, however, was very good. Overall, I would not return here. If you want good bbq in the Tri-Cities, try Ridgewood BBQ.

• Visited October 2013
Oakdale, Tennessee
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was in town to do the Virginia creeper and decided to stay in town instead a 3 hour drive home. after looking for a place with good reviews we settled for this place. We was not disappointed in the least. The sliced brisket sandwich was great and had sides of banana pudding and mac and cheese. very friendly atmosphere and great service also. I would recommend this place highly

• Visited October 2013
Middletown, Virginia
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the reviews on trip advisor, we decided to eat here. We love bbq and are both kansas city bbq judges. This was straight up awful. There was some odd glaze over everything on the sampler plate. We asked to try their sauces but we were told that they were all being used by other tables. Really!? Then, hoping that at least the sides would be good, to our dismay, the greens were sweet. They had sugar in them. When we said something to another waitress since ours never came back, she asked if we wanted some vinegar. Really, I wanted greens without sugar. No amount of vinegar was going to help these greens. I never saw the waitress for a drink refill or to complain about the food. I would never eat here again.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Perfect for after a long day of biking...”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The food was delish and plentiful. I ordered pulled pork with spiced apples, green beans, and cornbread fritters on the side. The fritters are addictively yummy. Six different types of sauce for the meet kept it interesting and spicy. The space was rustic with a casual decor... on a Saturday night it got a little loud (and TVs at the bar a little distracting) but it was not a bit problem. Decent service. The food is really the main event!

Visited September 2013