“Excellent value with an outstanding breakfast”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We were in Abingdon for a family wedding. The Quality Inn reserved a block of rooms for us at a 15% discount and even let us use the conference room as a family gathering room in the evenings. The rooms were large with free internet, a refrigerator, and a giant breakfast buffet each morning. The hotel was very clean. The lobby has lots of tables and chairs as well as sofas that made a nice gathering place for the family. The staff was more than helpful, going out of there way to cater to any need. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a separate sitting room with a sofa bed. Ask for one of these if you have ki...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TinySwimmer

Reviewed October 7, 2011

A little more expensive than some motels, but you get what you pay for. The room was big with 2 queen-sized beds, microwave, fridge, TV, wi-fi internet in room. And breakfast was the best we had in 6 weeks in the USA: hot food as well as "continental" stuff. It's close to the town, which is a charming little place with some history, placed handy to travel the Crooked Road through the back country of Virginia to, say, Galax. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarteB
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The rooms were impeccably clean, and the breakfast offerings were plentiful. The Quality Inn is a newer property, and clearly the staff does a great job keeping the place clean. I would have given the property a five star, except we had a problem making a reservation over the phone because the desk staff (Matthew) was disinterested in helping us take advantage of our corporate discount. His attitude sucked, and he refused to help us investigate what our discount was. We made the reservation online with our discount, and when we checked in, Matthew was at the desk. He was apathetic and defensive when we told him we found the discount on our own and saved $40 off our stay. We would stay there again, but only for all the other positives which outweighed Matthew's lousy attitude.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank misterblutarsky
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed here for a baseball tournament. Abingdon is a very nice small town, and this hotel is just off the highway on the outskirts of the downtown area. Structure is newer than many, and it abuts the Holiday Inn Express, which is quite similar.

Overall it would meet most needs. Breakfast was about average, but the coffee was so weak that you wondered if it was supposed to be coffee. Everything else fine, though. In fact, coffee is tough to find in this entire town. Rooms were fine, interior halls, AC worked, plenty of hot water. No laundry on site though.

Biggest drawback I saw was that smoking was rampant in front of the building, and even at the small pool. Would be a much better experience if they just banned on the property totally. Just nasty, particularly in pool area where children would congregate. Would be one of the best choices around with removal of the smoke and a good cup of coffee.

Room Tip: no bad rooms here
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad your overall experience was good. We would have liked your experience to be much better. I understand the smoking was the greatest issue with your stay. We have banned smoking outside the pool area. We are thinking of going to a non smoking facility entirely. We are also looking into adding laundry machines to our facility. I would like to apologize for your subpar experience. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I travel to Abingdon often for work. Hotels here always seem to be booked solid. I always call ahead to insure my room at the Quality Inn. The property is conveniently located off the interstate, with no road noise. The rooms are spacious, clean and all have microwave and fridge. The bathrooms have always been nicely scrubbed as well. Breakfast is well stocked including several hot items and the lobby area has a very comfortable sitting area with flat screen. All rooms have just been updated with brand new flat screens as well. If you need anything, just ask Doug - he always seems to be here!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank baseball77
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I always thought "Quality Inns" were budget hotels but not this one! Two other families and I stayed here for a night during a softball tournament when we got kicked out of our host hotel due to overbooking. We all wished this was our hotel all week. Comfortable, quiet, clean. I slept like a rock. G.M. Mr. Fox was courteous and considerate in handling a problem for me. You don't find personal service like that in Washington, D.C. where I live. The front desk staff were professional and friendly. This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot. Breakfast was good, too. Top notch.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my family for 4 nights while in town for a softball tournament. There were 9 other families staying with us, and the hotel was very accommodating. We loved the free breakfast and the nice area where everyone could hang out together.

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
0 mi away
#2 of 14 in Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Abingdon

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!