“Limited menu, good food, good service”
Review of Sisters

Sisters
Reserve with OpenTable
Sisters is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Canton, Georgia
“Limited menu, good food, good service”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We chose this restaurant for its proximity to the Barter Theater. It is in the Martha Washington Inn which is adjacent to Barter II and directly across the street from the main stage. The prices are very reasonable, the food was well-prepared, and the service was very good. I had the meatloaf with rosemary tomato gravy; my wife had the BLT which uses fried green tomatoes instead of fresh. We would order both again. Despite the pluses, the restaurant has a relatively limited menu, and the ambiance did not project a welcoming feel to us. Although we have no complaints about either the food or the service, we would not choose this restaurant again. There are a number of others that are much more appealing.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank redneckersson5

Salisbury, Maryland
“Atmosphere not what I expected”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I booked this restaurant for a romantic birthday meal with my boyfriend, but I was disappointed that the restaurant had at least 2 flat screen TVs mounted on the wall. [One was playing soccer and the other a silent Charlie Chaplin movie.] It seemed less like a contemporary special restaurant and a bit more like a sports bar. On the plus side, the food was delicious, well seasoned and a nice temperature. Sometimes, you get meals where the food is so hot you can barely eat it. Here, the plate was searing hot, but the food was perfect. However, the alcoholic mixed drinks we ordered were awful; we had to send them back. When I got the hostess' attention to inform her about the drinks, she never apologized or offered to correct the situation. She just seemed annoyed. Our waitress, luckily, did offer to have the drinks remade with different ingredients, which improved their palatability. I would recommend skipping the mixed drinks here though.

• Visited June 2014
Athens, Ohio
“Quality service and quality brunch!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stumbled upon Sisters because our original plans fell through when we tried to find a brunch spot on Memorial Day Monday... Options were limited. However, it was a blessing in disguise because after a long weekend this place hit the spot! Our waiter was great, he was very attentive and super personable! We had the brunch menu not the buffet and the six of us all had great food! The portions were big and the coffee was hot and delicious! It's a beautiful place and the food was yummy, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Becky F
Second Creek, WV
“great food, good service”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We went there for dinner before the Barter Theatre, and will definitely come back. My husband had a lamb curry soup that was probably his favorite thing on our whole trip. I had a lovely baby kale salad with dried cranberries and candied pecans. For dinner, I had a beautiful salmon dish, and he had steak - both perfectly cooked and the amount of side dishes offered were just right. Dessert was a shared creme brulee - very good. One caution - I had intended to order the crab cake, but it has peppers in it - if you're like me and can't tolerate them, it won't work. However, I was VERY satisfied with my salmon. Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2014
Abingdon, Va.
“NEW MENU”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our meal was wonderful, the best steak ever! Service was excellent!
They have a new menu which includes enough variety to satisfy anyone's hunger. The remodeling creates a more cozier atmosphere. And to have dinner in front of the fireplace with a big TV screen above was great. Had a wonderful wine suggested by our server and she suggested a tea that I can only find on the internet, but it was so good, I gotta have it!
After dinner, it is just worth walking around and visiting the beautiful and historic Martha Washington Inn- a very nice evening. They really need to advertise and create a web site.

• Visited February 2014