“Best food, Best Staff, Best Atmosphere in Abingdon”

Rain Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful building with outdoor patio, very unique art/decor with a beautiful open bar and lounge area.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been frequenting rain for a while now and it is hands down my only choice when it comes to grabbing dinner and/or drinks in Abingdon. The staff is great, food is phenomenal, and the overall atmosphere is light and fun. This is definitely the jewel of Abingdon!

There are newer reviews for Rain Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nice atmosphere. Very busy, but they made an effort to fit us in! We had to wait for food a little longer then normal, but since they fit us in, we were not unhappy! Food was worth the wait and they offered us free dessert because of the delay! We would definitely go back!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch. Everything was tasty and the service was excellent. I had fish tacos, my friends had pork tostada, chicken salad, and veggie burger, all very good. Make room for dessert. The chocolate flour less cake with strawberry ice cream was to die for. Ice creams are all home maid even strains the seeds out of the strawberry. I can't wait to try it for dinner.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Was excited to eat at Rain after reading the great reviews. The food was great, service not so. Very slow, and the wait staff was a bit rude. Maybe it wasn't a good night....

1  Thank Amber I
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I love this restaurant. I've been multiple times for lunch and always leave satisfied (try the pulled pork tostada or chicken sandwich), but I went there for dinner for the first time only recently. Right off the bat, I was happy because the bartender made me a sensational cocktail. I couldn't tell you what was in it, but the drink was beautiful and it was delicious. We got the bruschetta appetizer and liked it a lot--their pesto and tomato chutney are terrific. I got the stuffed chicken breast, which is packed with brie, figs, and apples and served over the most amazing grits. My date got the filet mignon and devoured it more quickly than I would've thought possible. This is a can't-miss place.

1  Thank grace m