All reviewsbeautiful horsescookiesstuffed french toastthe virginia creeper trailback porchhorse farmbed and breakfastgreat cookbike shoppeaceful settingclose to downtownb b'sliving roomwalk in showera wonderful place to stayeach morningpond
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here while I was in town recently researching a couple of magazine stories and couldn't have been happier. My rooms provided a quiet place to work, and I also enjoyed working on the back patio while watching the cows in the field across the way. The from-scratch breakfast were an excellent start to the day (oatmeal pancakes with maple syrup), and innkeeper Cindy Patterson was a wealth of information for me. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed there this past weekend with my kids. perfect place for us. Rooms, linens & facilities were clean and neat. The food was great - REAL butter, Real Maple syrup, real OJ - etc. The best part were the owners - sweet, kind county folks doing their best to keep the homestead going. They made my girls feel welcome - showed off their horses. had some warm peppermint chocolate cookies for them the night we arrived. The house is about 100 yds from the Virginia Creeper trail - and as a runner - it was one of the nicest trails I had ever been on. My daughter said - "this is like staying at a grandma's house...except not our grandma's house." Hope to get back there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed Ms Cindy's wonderful tea and cookies upon arrival. We just sat on the veranda swing overlooking the farm lands after a great day on the VA Creeper Trail.
The breakfast spread was fantastic. All home made and locally or home grown foods- fresh and flavorful. She really is a good. The stay was relaxing.
Thanks for the hospitality.

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen bed room and we are used to a King. The room was charming and had it's own patio overlooking the horses in the fields. There was also a mini fridge for your convenience.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Cindy is a gracious hostess who is extremely accomodating of dietary restrictions, flexible on serving time for breakfast, and makes her guests feel at home. We were there for 4 nights, and there were no repeats on breakfast dishes, which I must say were all delicious, prepared with high quality ingredients, and best of all, a healthy dose of love. If time and circumstances permit you to do so, I highly recommend a tour of the barns and a visit with Cindy's gypsy horses. The grounds are well maintained, the porches are the perfect place to kick back and relax, and the pond and waterfall provide a tranquil respite. If you are a hiker or biker, the inn is very conveniently located a short distance from the Virginia Creeper Trail. Cindy's husband Jimmy is equally as friendly, and will also do his best to accomodate your needs.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Meadow Suite, which was very spacious, and included a mini fridge that was stocked with water and cupcakes :-). The Waterfall Suite is equally as nice, with unique amenities. You can't go wrong with either.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed May 2, 2013

It has taken me too long to write this review. My husband and I had a delightful two night stay at this wonderful inn last fall. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and the food and hospitality could not have been better. It is a lovely, peaceful setting and the welcoming atmosphere is so appreciated. I strongly recommend that you schedule a visit at the Black's Fort Inn--you will be glad you did. Thanks Cindy!
Cindy, our lemon mint you gave us is thriving in our garden--thank you. We hope to come back soon.

Room Tip: We had the Waterfall Suite and it was very nice!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple