“An excellent place to stay while on business”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 16 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here while I was in town recently researching a couple of magazine stories and couldn't have been happier. My rooms provided a quiet place to work, and I also enjoyed working on the back patio while watching the cows in the field across the way. The from-scratch breakfast were an excellent start to the day (oatmeal pancakes with maple syrup), and innkeeper Cindy Patterson was a wealth of information for me. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed there this past weekend with my kids. perfect place for us. Rooms, linens & facilities were clean and neat. The food was great - REAL butter, Real Maple syrup, real OJ - etc. The best part were the owners - sweet, kind county folks doing their best to keep the homestead going. They made my girls feel welcome - showed off their horses. had some warm peppermint chocolate cookies for them the night we arrived. The house is about 100 yds from the Virginia Creeper trail - and as a runner - it was one of the nicest trails I had ever been on. My daughter said - "this is like staying at a grandma's house...except not our grandma's house." Hope to get back there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed Ms Cindy's wonderful tea and cookies upon arrival. We just sat on the veranda swing overlooking the farm lands after a great day on the VA Creeper Trail.
The breakfast spread was fantastic. All home made and locally or home grown foods- fresh and flavorful. She really is a good. The stay was relaxing.
Thanks for the hospitality.

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen bed room and we are used to a King. The room was charming and had it's o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Cindy is a gracious hostess who is extremely accomodating of dietary restrictions, flexible on serving time for breakfast, and makes her guests feel at home. We were there for 4 nights, and there were no repeats on breakfast dishes, which I must say were all delicious, prepared with high quality ingredients, and best of all, a healthy dose of love. If time and circumstances permit you to do so, I highly recommend a tour of the barns and a visit with Cindy's gypsy horses. The grounds are well maintained, the porches are the perfect place to kick back and relax, and the pond and waterfall provide a tranquil respite. If you are a hiker or biker, the inn is very conveniently located a short distance from the Virginia Creeper Trail. Cindy's husband Jimmy is equally as friendly, and will also do his best to accomodate your needs.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Meadow Suite, which was very spacious, and included a mini fridge that was stocked...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed May 2, 2013

It has taken me too long to write this review. My husband and I had a delightful two night stay at this wonderful inn last fall. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and the food and hospitality could not have been better. It is a lovely, peaceful setting and the welcoming atmosphere is so appreciated. I strongly recommend that you schedule a visit at the Black's Fort Inn--you will be glad you did. Thanks Cindy!
Cindy, our lemon mint you gave us is thriving in our garden--thank you. We hope to come back soon.

Room Tip: We had the Waterfall Suite and it was very nice!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed March 4, 2013

the Inn is clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast: choose healthy or traditional (ask for the stuffed french toast). Located on a beautiful horse farm, you'll delight in the surroundings. Nice pond and relaxing waterfall. Friendly pets (but they are not allowed inside the house. Owner is very knowledgeable about the area. Ask about this family history for great stories. But the high point is the owners' desire to assure that you are satisfied with your stay. This place is a delight!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joe58156
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hostess Cindy makes this one of the better bed and breakfasts. Lodging isn't new and it isn't fancy, but Cindy definitely cares about her guests being comfortable and all their needs met.
As said in previous comments, she is a great cook and loves to share her talents. No recipes given out however! Truthfully I think it would take more then written directions to make those biscuits as fluffy as hers. Excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple