“Rude, rude, rude!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have never in my life been treated so poorly in any establishment. I went to this awful place about a week and a half ago with my mom and my two sons, inspired to stop by their sign outside advertising lavender iced tea. Of the three employees we had contact with during our brief stop, two were overtly rude, acting as though our presence was an immense inconvenience to them. The third was simply indifferent. I own a successful business in Asheville, NC - a town that thrives on tourism, as Abingdon does - and was horrified at the way we were spoken to when asking simple things such as a nearby park to eat our food (that we had just purchased from them). "Well, there's the creeper trail, obviously." I would never speak to anyone who walked into my store the way these people spoke to us. Complete condescending snobs without any small attempt at even feigning friendliness. Perhaps that's why their dining room was completely empty save for one table on a Saturday in June. If I could give it zero stars I would.

4  Thank sarling
carrie g, Owner at Camella's Remember When, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
― Mother Teresa

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

The old lady welcomed us although we didn't reserve ahead. She showed us around and we totally fell in love with the place. We didn't have time for the tea but we definitely would have.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My family visit Camella's very often and we are never disappointed! If your in the area, you must try it! You will not be let down!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I came here for my birthday. What a nice treat! The owner/hostess was delightful and informative ... telling us about the history of the house and offering suggestions with the teas. The whole time was a nice pampering. We enjoyed the two different pots of teas, the soup, the scones (complete with cream and jam), the finger sandwiches, and the dessert. Everything was very tasty; wish I could rate things better than excellent. Nice value for all you get.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with our afternoon tea. Starting with the salad and finishing with a delicious and light blackberry sorbet, everything was delicious and fresh. Everything was served in a timely manner with a ring of a bell.
Would definitely go back in the fall, as she said the menu changes monthly.