“Being popular can affect service”

White Birch Food & Juice
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Abingdon
Description: We are a locally focused cafe serving made to order breakfast, lunch and dinner (Fri & Sat only). We also carry our house made cold-pressed fruit & vegetable juices, hand crafted smoothies, baked goods and much more! All our meats, eggs, and goat cheese are locally raised, along with produce throughout the year as in season. Breads, sauces and dressings are all made in house as well. We believe in supporting local farms & growers and providing the freshest food possible!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would totally recommend this place. Great home town feel, great food, and service with a smile. My only complaint is they were so busy it affected the service a little. If you visit these popular restaraunts in these old buildings in these old towns, you tend to expect it, but maybe we shouldn't. It's a great problem to have I guess. I'd go back for that Breakfast Burrito though.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (89)

Reviewed August 29, 2019

We had a Sunday lunch and sat outside to eat. The waitress was helpful with our questions about what we were ordering and she was very accurate in what she told us. The food was delicious and a perfect amount.

Reviewed August 24, 2019

I'm not one to jump an the band wagon and say something is great just because it is trendy. Went here because i wanted to help support one of my favorite wineries and a friend Adam Bolt who provides great entertainment and works at the winery. With that being said the following is only about the food and service. Farm to table,sounds good. What I had was served in an small iron skillet.So far so good . I'm not getting started on the service which needs training. My meal had onions ,one button mushroom cut in quarters ,four two inch pieces of fat back and maybe three oz of chicken. Taste I think they forgot to put that in. Price wise 15.00 for what I received I think was very pricey . Still looking for bread or a roll & butter but the water was in an old wine bottle. Trendy doesn't cut it , maybe they do better with their juice bar.

Date of visit: August 2019
Nicole D, Owner at White Birch Food & Juice, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2019

Hi there,
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. We also encourage folks to let us know these critiques in person so we can adjust where we need to, instead of after the fact in a terrible review. We choose to use the highest quality ingredients possible, thus our pricing sometimes higher than similar ingredients. Thanks for helping us and other businesses grow in the future by giving feedback during & after service.

Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

The wife and I decided to step out for a meal in our town. There is this nice little spot I’ve never been to but have wanted to try. The atmosphere is delightful, but I have always loved old buildings. The food is all farm to table. There is a board listing the local farms they use. The restaurant is sensitive to the food needs of its patrons and serves many vegetarian and gluten free dishes but they are not limited to that. The evening menu is short but diverse. I’m known as a sometime picky eater and I truly enjoyed my meal. I had a skillet meal with chicken potato and onion. So satisfying. Dessert of Buttermilk Pie topped it off. The service was first rate with friendly and helpful folks all around. In addition to the wonderful meal we enjoyed a local Jazz band Wolf Hills Jazz Quartet.

Date of visit: August 2019
Nicole D, Owner at White Birch Food & Juice, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2019

We are so glad you enjoyed! Thanks for coming in :)

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

Every summer I drive cross country. This year I stopped at the welcome center. There, I was invited to the oil and vinegar business. On I went. I was then referred to this place for a great lunch. I wasn't disappointed. 5 weeks later I'm back in Los Angeles craving White Birch. Everything on their menu is fresh and local. I indulged in an Heirloom tomato and cucumber sandwich. I fell in love with tomatoes that day. I also enjoyed a iced latte. The best one ever and the first time I actually liked almond milk. Lol I wish I lived closer and could make this place my local hangout.

Date of visit: June 2019
WhiteBirchAbingdon, Owner at White Birch Food & Juice, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are glad you enjoyed :-)