“Great pillows”

Hampton Inn Abingdon
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed February 14, 2007

What wonderful pillows, something I always pay attention to with my bad back. They offered soft and firm pillows as well as a great bed. It seemed like our room had recently been refurbished; it was very nice and had a large bathroom. Very quiet if you get a room away from the highway. The hotel is away from the central part of town, but takes only 5 minutes to get there.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cart54

Reviewed October 10, 2006

I have travelled to this hotel many many times on business trips. This time I decided to take my girl friend and book it on a weekend for the changing leaf colors and Mountain bike trip on the creeper trail.

Susan and staff make this a homey little hotel with a great breakfast served by three elderly sisters.

My only complaint on this hotel is the highway noise - arghhhhhhhh

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank a1scuba
Reviewed July 23, 2006

I thought this place was great. The room was big, the bed comfortable and I just loved the whirlpool (especially after riding the Virginia Creeper Trail). The staff was friendly and very helpful.

About the only issue (and it's minor) that I had was that the hotel is located near a funky traffic light and there was almost always a few minutes wait to get out. Like I said, it's minor and I will be staying here again in October.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank OrbeaRider66
Reviewed May 1, 2006

I stay at Hampton Inns all over the east coast and this one needs improvement.

Yes, the sisters at the breakfast are great and work hard but the rest of the hotel needs work. The halls were very noisy with young adults running up and down thru the hall. There was a basketball tourneyment in the area and the teams staying at the hotel made noise until late in the night. A call to the front desk did not help.

The room was neat but could use cleaning in the corners and the bedspread was soiled. The A/C cover came off in my hand when I adjusted the A/C.

The elevator is noisy and jerks when it stops.

As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member I expected better service and my room preference was not honored. I was told by the front desk person too bad we are sold out.

I would not stay here again the Ft Chiswell Hampton Inn 80 miles north on 81 is a wonderful hotel that is worth traveling the extra miles to reach.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank Joe T
Reviewed November 13, 2005

I stayed at this hotel with my dog, Toby in November. We were greeted by Grace and her friendly sisters. Ladies in their 70's who had been working there for years. They made me and Toby feel very welcome! The room was clean. I had some trouble with the high-speed internet, but had so much to do in Abingdon (Barter Theater- as good as Broadway, and a great lunch at The Starving Artist Cafe and a scrumptious dinner at the Tavern) that it didn't matter.

Once again, Hampton Inn has given me more than I expected!

Kudos!

Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank rothl1
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 9, 2005

This was a very nice little hotel. The rooms are nice sized and well appointed. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was also very good. Our only minor complaint was the limited counter space in the bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 28, 2005

This is the fifth time this year at this hotel. The staff is always friendly and professional. The entire place has always been clean. Our room had 2 queen beds, a small table with 2 chairs, minifridge, microwave, wardrobe with ironing board and iron, nightstand and dresser. The bathroom has plenty of room to move around. They always have coffee, hot water for tea or hot chocolate, and juice available. Breakfast is included with the room rate. There is cereal, fruit, danish, muffins, bagels, bread( and toaster), biscuits, sausage gravy, eggs, and sausage or ham. Late afternoon or evening there are fresh baked cookies. Directly across the street is Dominos pizza and a candy store( they make their own). Downtown historic Abingdon is only a couple of minutes away. The hotel is on a road (Commerce Rd)right next to and parallel to 81. When leaving the hotel, it is somtimes difficult if not impossible to turn left from Commerce on to the main road. You have to turn left to get on the highway or to go to Abingdon. We usually turn right and turn back around in Long John Silvers parking lot. In the summer the pool and surrounding area is neat and clean, but it was closed this last visit on September 24. Our oldest son is a student at Emory and Henry College and we have stayed at this Hampton Inn each time we visit.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank StevenandBrenda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
#8 of 10 in Abingdon
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Abingdon? Share your experiences!