Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn(Abingdon)
$88
$60
Fairfield Inn & Suites Abingdon(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotels.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
$93
TripAdvisor
$42
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfront deskthe breakfast areahotel is pet friendlyhuddle housebreakfast hostessroom was cleanpet feestaff was very friendly and helpfulenjoyable stayfresh fruitallow petsking bedoatmealparking lotfirst floornext morninggreat place to stay
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After making Southwest VA my home for 52 years, I relocated to Georgia in 2011 and needed to find a temporary home when I revisited the Abingdon area. Well, I not only found a temporary home but I also found a new family at the Holiday Inn Express in Abingdon, VA.

After many visits to "my" hotel, I can say with all honesty that I have never had a reason to complain about the facilities or the staff. The hotel is truly a place of respite for me, and I feel "at home" from the time I enter the front doors. I hesitate to mention names since everyone is so kind. However, Danny and Ashley (front desk) and Jane (breakfast hostess) have become special friends. The management of Abingdon's Holiday Inn Express can expect complete loyalty from this guest!

Room Tip: Just tell the very competent staff what you desire, and they will do their very best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sue r
Larry R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are elated that you think of us as family and we look forward to have you stay with us again soon,

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here last night, June 20, 2013. Came in for a Barter production and a little relaxation. The hotel looks to have been renovated, at least the room we were in appeared to have newish carpet and bedding except for the dust ruffle. We had a quiet room, king bed, shower, no tub, which is ok with me. Toilet paper holder kept falling off the wall and rolling across the floor but that's no big deal. They serve breakfast 6:30 - 10AM with a nice array of breakfast food.
So you might be asking what's my problem and you'd be right because all of the above sounds fine. However in the last 2 years we have visited Barter Theater about 8 times and each time have stayed in the Quality Inn right beside the Holiday Inn Express for a price of $106 a night, each and every time. That includes a 2 room suite with 1 king bed, double doors between the two rooms and two flat screen tvs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I had noticed the rankings of the hotels on Tripadvisor with Holiday Inn Express being rated much higher so I thought we'd just try it despite the difference of almost $60. I could use a "luxury room" as stated online. Our $160 got us less at HIE than our $106 did at Quality Inn. In fact at least Quality Inn locks their side entrances so you need to swipe your key after 10PM for security. If you are going to charge that much more than the competitor beside you, at least provide the "luxury room" you advertise. I'll be back at Quality Inn next month.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank doxylover79
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear doxylover79,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I drove for 11 hrs and walked into the HI and Danny greeted us at the desk, quickly checked us into a King Suite at the end of hall away from noise. He smiled and was so friendly we became friends immediatley. The price for the room was excellant. Room was clean, bed very comfortable. The breakfast was excellant, constantly kept hot and we loved the pancake machine!! The Lady attending the breakfast area kept it immaculate and smiled and was friendly to everyone.We really liked the variety of fruit avalable at night and hot coffee was fresh all night. Danny, the Ladies cleaning and the breakfast hostess were great!! I give it a "10" Oh and it was quiet even though it was full of guest.

Room Tip: King Executive was on bottom floor at end of the hall next to office.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. The staff and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently stayed in Abingdon on our way to a week's vacation in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We decided to break the trip into two shorter days and enjoy something along the way. Abingdon was about the right distance and we'd never been to the Barter Theater, so we decided to get the "Play-and-Stay" package offered by the theater. We were very pleasantly surprised at how very nice the Holiday Inn Express included in the package turned out to be. Without exception, the staff was friendly and welcoming. Everyone seemed to be very interested in making sure we enjoyed our stay and the lady in the breakfast room was especially enthusiastic about all the attractions in the area. The hotel breakfast was one of the better ones we've had. What a great credit the hotel staff is to Abingdon. We will look forward to opportunities to visit the area and stay there again.

Room Tip: Be sure to mention if you're visiting for the first time and seeing a play at The Barter Theater. We got a nice upgrade from a two queen beds room to a room with a king bed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the Barters Stay and Play package. This is a very popular option that many of or guest take advantage of that is booked through the Barter Theaters ticket office. We go to great lengths to make sure every guest is taken care and has a wonderful experience while at our property here in Abingdon. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I cannot express how wonderful the staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Abingdon, VA were to us during our stay in May 2012 and again this year in 2013. Danny Owen, Front Desk Clerk, made all of us with the 961st Engineer Reunion , feel like we were part of his family. The room was very clean and housekeeping was very efficient and friendly. We were very happy to see that Jane was also still on staff from last year in the breakfast bar. She always has a smile and a friendly word for everyone she meets. The food was also very good and included hot and cold breakfast items. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in the Abingdon area. We have already decided that if we have a reunion next year, it will probably be at the Holiday Inn in Abingdon, VA where we feel like family!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Larry R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. We want everyone to feel like family when they visit our property. Danny and Jane along with the rest of our staff strive to make every guests stay a wonderful experience. We have enjoyed having your group with us over the past two years and look forward to having you stay with us again next year.