Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA
$144
Hampton.com
$60
Hotels.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
$93
Priceline
Fairfield Inn & Suites Abingdon(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Breakfast included
Alpine Motel(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
$59
$159
Travelocity
$210
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskthe breakfast areahotel is pet friendlyhuddle housebreakfast hostessroom was cleanstaff was very friendly and helpfulfresh fruitallow petsking bedoatmealexcellent stayparking lotfirst floorstay there againnext morninggreat place to stay
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently stayed in Abingdon on our way to a week's vacation in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We decided to break the trip into two shorter days and enjoy something along the way. Abingdon was about the right distance and we'd never been to the Barter Theater, so we decided to get the "Play-and-Stay" package offered by the theater. We were very pleasantly surprised at how very nice the Holiday Inn Express included in the package turned out to be. Without exception, the staff was friendly and welcoming. Everyone seemed to be very interested in making sure we enjoyed our stay and the lady in the breakfast room was especially enthusiastic about all the attractions in the area. The hotel breakfast was one of the better ones we've had. What a great credit the hotel staff is to Abingdon. We will look forward to opportunities to visit the area and stay there again.

Room Tip: Be sure to mention if you're visiting for the first time and seeing a play at The Barter Theater. We got a nice upgrade from a two queen beds room to a room with a king bed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the Barters Stay and Play package. This is a very popular option that many of or guest take advantage of that is booked through the Barter Theaters ticket office. We go to great lengths to make sure every guest is taken care and has a wonderful experience while at our property here in Abingdon. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I cannot express how wonderful the staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Abingdon, VA were to us during our stay in May 2012 and again this year in 2013. Danny Owen, Front Desk Clerk, made all of us with the 961st Engineer Reunion , feel like we were part of his family. The room was very clean and housekeeping was very efficient and friendly. We were very happy to see that Jane was also still on staff from last year in the breakfast bar. She always has a smile and a friendly word for everyone she meets. The food was also very good and included hot and cold breakfast items. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in the Abingdon area. We have already decided that if we have a reunion next year, it will probably be at the Holiday Inn in Abingdon, VA where we feel like family!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Larry R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. We want everyone to feel like family when they visit our property. Danny and Jane along with the rest of our staff strive to make every guests stay a wonderful experience. We have enjoyed having your group with us over the past two years and look forward to having you stay with us again next year.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

From storing our bicycles to informing us of a local festival going on during our stay, we can't applaud this staff enough. Staff was sincerely helpful and friendly(as opposed to "oh, not another guest to deal with.). The room was very clean, bed was comfortable, and the property seemed to be generally well cared for. The individual managing the breakfast kept the area clean and kept the food items well stocked, all while rotating among the guests to see if there was anything else she could get for them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest from the interstate (to avoid the hum of the noise)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Larry R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. Our staff always tries to deliver the highest level of service possible to every guest and visitor to our hotel. The staff and I are happy that you found your stay so enjoyable and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I can't not express in words how wonderful my stay was at the Holiday Inn Express in Abingdon!! Unless things change as far as employees, you will never stay at a more friendlier place. I will try to tell you all the wonderful things I experienced while staying at this hotel in Abingdon. We went down to re-supply my son while he was hiking the Appalachian Trail. My daughter when with me and she has some physical disabilities, so I reserved a room with two double beds and handicapped shower. Since she was military I asked if they honored any kind of military discount. They said they did, but their quota had been met, unfortunately.
Upon arrival, we found out our room had been given to someone else. They bent over backwards to make sure we were happy and boy were we EVER!! They gave us a room with a king bed and handicapped shower and another room with 2 double beds for the price one one room and even allowed our military discount. The price went from what we expected it to be of $117 a night to $88 a night. WOW.
The people at the desk (especially the day guy) and the breakfast bar in the morning and the cleaning folks were SOOOOOOO NICE!!!
The breakfast bar was really good with a large variety of your typical breakfast menu. Everything was delicious. The breakfast bar had everything you wanted. There was coffee in place 24 hours a day with plenty of supplies (milk, sugar, flavored milk,etc...). We got our rooms very close to the front door and with the handicapped parking we didn't have to walk to far to get our stuff to our rooms and back, plus our rooms were side by side.
We had my daughter's service dog and they happily accepted him. If you walked to the outside door at the end of the hall they even had poop bags and a place for her to do her business.
The room was very nice, the beds extremely comfortable and there was a microwave/refrigerator in the room along with coffee pot and hair dryer. My room was a nice size and my daughter's room was HUGE.
There was not much of a view, but you could walk to several fast foods places (Huddle, Burger King, Wendy's and right next door was a sit down sea food/steak restaurant that was really good and the prices were reasonable. Also, downtown Abingdon and the Barter Theater as well as a great movie theater were only a couple of miles down the road.

I just can't say enough about the place. If you have to go to Abingdon, VA for any reason I would highly recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express. I will mark excellent for all questions, but I wish there was a place I could put excellent PLUS.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Larry R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for your glowing review of our property. I have addressed the issue of your accessible room being rented to another guest with the staff to ensure that this does not happen to another guest. I apologize for any inconvenience that was caused and am glad that the solution I provided to you met your family's needs. Our staff takes great pride in our property and the service we provide. The staff and I want every guest to have a positive experience with our property and the town of Abingdon. The staff and I enjoyed having you and your family stay with us and look forward to seeing you all again in the near future. Good luck to your son as he continues his journey on the AT.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

A college friend from the opposite direction and I decided to meet in Abingdon for a brief get-together, as it is a central location and has the added bonus of the Barter Theatre, a top-notch venue for play productions. We chose the Holiday Inn Express as they offered a deal combining a night's stay and tickets to the play, for a reduced rate. The Holiday Inn accommodations were standard but nice, clean, and spacious. All needs were met in a friendly, courteous manner by the very helpful staff. The only glitch was that the coffee maker did not work, but this was not a big deal as plenty of coffee and an array of breakfast items were available just down the hall. Each staff member, no matter the time, always greeted us very cordially. All in all it was a really nice stay.

Room Tip: We were given a choice of floors and chose a 1st floor room away from the vending machines. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank poemster
Larry R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we apologize about the coffee maker in the room not working. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.