All reviewsfront deskthe breakfast areahotel is pet friendlyhuddle housebreakfast hostessroom was cleanstaff was very friendly and helpfulfresh fruitoatmealallow petsking bedhotel stayexcellent stayhot breakfastfirst floornext morningfridge and microwave
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had traveled from Arizona to Abingdon for our son's wedding and the hotel that the travel agent booked could not honor our reservation. We walked across the parking lot to the Holiday Inn Express, where they took us all in, found the exact accomodations we needed and cared for us like we were family. Danny and Larry at the front desk, Jane in the Breakfast area, Amie and Dawn with the housekeeping staff were exceptional-kind, efficient and truly caring. They even gave us a reduced rate to take some of the sting out of the problem with the other hotel. They had the perfect opportunity to gouge us, but instead gave us a discount and met our every need with a smile and an offer of future assistance. We will definately stay with them again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MgrExpress, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate that you would take the time to recognize the individuals who worked to make your stay a comfortable one! We pride ourselves on making sure each guest is valued and treated with an exceptional level of hospitality and it is always great to hear that our staff is exceeding expectations.
We look forward to having you visit again soon!
Until then, safe travels!
Angel Robertson
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here two nights with friends to ride the creeper trail. The hotel is clean, breakfast is very nice, however Danny Wilson, the front desk clerk was superb! He has the best customer service skills I have ever seen. We asked to use a hose to wash off our bikes as it had rained on the trail during the day, Danny did not hesitate to assist. We sat in the lobby and watched TV as guest arrived, Danny met every request with a smile! Employees are so valuable to guest satisfaction and Danny Wilson should be commended on his excellent customer service skills!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Ashley S, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We truly believe our employees are our best assest and I'm so glad that you got to experience that firsthand with Danny.

We all strive to make every guest experience above and beyond expectation, so we hope in the future, you'll experience that with more of our staff. I'm going to make Danny aware of your extremely kind comments!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were treated like family our entire stay. Danny , the gentleman on the front desk, was amazing. Breakfast was good and the whole experience was great. A must stay place in Abingdon . Good location clean rooms great service - who could ask for more.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding our facility and our staff! Danny is truly an asset to the front desk, and to the hotel at large.

As you noted, our Breakfast Bar attendants and Housekeeping staff all contribute to our hotel and I'm glad that you were able to see the best that they have to offer while you were here. We can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I booked a room in Abingdon for a family funeral. After I arrived, my car started to have issues and I called the Holiday Inn Express and asked If they had any local mechanics they could recommend. Danny was FABULOUS! He got me a local guy that got there quickly. While they were checking my car out, Danny loaned me his personal car to make it to the funeral home on time. My car had a major issue and Danny drove me to my family's home after the service. Clover was so helpful in obtaining a rental car and Jane drove me to get the car! Long story short, I have NEVER had the kind of hospitality and compassion that these folks showed me at the Holiday Inn Express in Abingdon. I would definitely recommend their hotel anytime you are in the area!!

Thank you for your great service! :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jennifer E

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our staff. We truly believe we have the best staff and it is so rewarding when they hear stories like yours.

Customer service is the biggest part of our business and I believe you received the best we have to offer. We'll be sharing your experience with others and we hope to maintain this level of service for years to come!

We are very glad that you made it home safely and hope that you can come and stay with us again under nicer circumstances!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Abingdon and our stay was great capped off by curteous front desk employees. I dont remeber his name but the gentleman that checked us in was very professional and friendly. Not being from the area we asked him what was good to eat in Abingdon and he made some very good recommendations. The room itself was great and clean. Although many have commented that it is a smoking hotel i didnt notice any smell of smoke the entire time we were there. The breakfast in the mornig was great and the older lady at the breakfast bar was extremely friendly occasionally coming by to see if we were doing ok along with everyone else sitting in the breakfast area. Next time we return to see a play at the Barter Theater we will be staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Ashley S, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be as courteous as we believe them to be! We love hearing that our guests have enjoyed themselves at the Holiday Inn Express, but also in the Town of Abingdon as well.

We will be looking foward to your (hopefully) many return visits to Abingdon, Barter Theatre, and the Holiday Inn Express!