All reviewsfront deskthe breakfast areahotel is pet friendlyhuddle housebreakfast hostessroom was cleanstaff was very friendly and helpfulfresh fruitoatmealallow petsking bedhotel stayexcellent stayhot breakfastfirst floornext morningfridge and microwave
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed in a king jacuzzi suite and was extremely impressed! Non-smoking and not one whiff of smoke in hall, lobby or room, yay! My only complaint is that the mattress could have been better. Even a thicker mattress pad would have helped. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the complementary breakfast included really quite good pancakes.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Scottygrrl0302
MgrExpress, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Abingdon.
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and truly appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback regarding your experience.
We hope that you will return as our guest soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2011

My wife and I have had numerous occasions to visit our son in Abingdon while he was in college in the area. We always preferred to stay at the Holiday Inn Express when it was available. We have stayed in other motels in the area, but none were nearly as nice as this one. They run a clean and comfortable operation with much better than average hot breakfast included. We had no complaints, the staff was always helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Spike_hotdog
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We're not talking 5-star accommodations or an expectation of that but this is our 2nd stay at this hotel and we've been happy with our choice both times. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a decent included breakast. We did stay on 3rd floor - non-smoking and no pets (which are allowed elsewhere in the hotel). It was nice that on our first morning there, after a late check-in following travel, they were not sticklers about closing up the breakfast area immediately as we've experienced in other hotels. We had no problem coming to the area toward the end of the breakfast hours and still being able to get food without being rushed and with a good selection still available (they even still brought our fresh omelets).
If you like biking or walking, it's very convenient to the Creeper Trail trailhead in Abingdon.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hoboxcar
Reviewed November 17, 2011

First of all. A special thanks to Elizabeth and Ashley. These two young ladies are incredible. I stayed here a little over 7 weeks on business and I will be coming back. During the time I was there I never had an issue with anything that would be worth mentioning. I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Pay the few extra dollars and get the jacuzzi suite. Holy smoke is it nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TheBigDaddy
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Business brought me to the area for a few days; I am very impressed with the effort the front desk, cleaning staff, maintenance personal and all those I have meet during my stay make on a daily basis to ensure the comfort of their guests. There are no doubts I will visit this hotel when I am in the area. I would highly recommend this hotel based on the witnessed genuine efforts and courtesy of all those who work at this hotel.

Room Tip: I found the back of the hotel to have less highway noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business