“What fun!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ellis Soda Shoppe and Grill
Ranked #11 of 89 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“What fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Husband and I visited Ellis's after driving all day to Abingdon. It was well after 7 p.m. when we arrived, so not crowded and we were seated immediately. Our cute waitress had been at the festival and had her face painted, so we were served by a cheetah! Food arrived fast, was hot and really good. I had a pleasant glass of Shiraz w/my burger (can't get wine at a soda shop in PA!), then our waitress made a to-order sundae just for us. Wish we'd had time to visit again, will definitely return on our next visit!

Abingdon, Virginia
“Hafa Adai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Loved the atmosphere! I went with a few friends, and we were greeted before we even walked in the door. The waitress was very well educated in the different types of desserts that were offered. I ordered the plain chocolate milkshake, and it tasted amazing! My friends got Brown Cow and Blueberry Banana sundae - both were delighted with the taste! The prices were reasonable (you most certainly get what you pay for!), and I would definitely go back next time I am in town. :)

Seneca, South Carolina
“Left Without Being Served”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We anxiously visited Ellis Soda Shoppe during a visit to the Virginia Highlands Festival last week. We expected a wait which was not a problem. Good food is often worth a long wait. We were only there for an ice cream treat and saw on the menu where you order those from the dessert & beverage menu. I asked the waitress for a menu to browse while we waited and she rudely pointed to the cash register. I walked in that direction still looking for a menu to order from. The same waitress grabbed the menu (there was only ONE standing up in front of the register through the crowd) and slung it toward me. We were given the impression that they were too busy to serve us, so we left and went elsewhere. Although the reviews were good and we were anxious to experience these wonderful treats, we will not go back. Rudeness and bad service turn us off even if they were exceptionally busy at the time.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BeachGrandmax4
Virginia
“Good food-Better Ice Cream- long wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had to long wait, in a cramped and busy area of the entrance. The food was good, the sodas and the ice cream were better. Next time I would go to get a shake or float and leave.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Asheville, N.C.
“I scream and you will too for this Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We did not dine here but the ice cream was stellar. My husband fell in love with the Bunny Tracks. Nice folks, courteous, pleasant and anxious to please. Enjoy!

Visited July 2012