“Really close to everything and wonderful hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This Comfort Inn in the Choice Chain so the breakfast area is really spacious and beautiful offering cereal, yogurt, eggs, waffles, gravy, biscuits, fruit, coffee and juice. Coffee is available all day. The room was welcoming and clean; the bed had five small pillows rather than large pillows. It is located 2.2 miles from the Barter Theatre, and less than a half mile from the Heartland Artisan Center. And right off I-81 for easy access coming and going.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel used to be a good place to stay. However ownership and/or management appears to have changed, and expenses on cleaning, breakfast etc have been cut to the bone. After leaving Abingdon I went to Comfort Suites at Ridgewood, Salem, VA. The rate there is about $15 less. Breakfast is wonderful. The inn is immaculate. Send one of the Salem managers to Abingdon to straighten the place out. The Abingdon Comfort Inn is absolutely the worst Comfort Inn that I have stayed in, and I have probably stayed in more than 20 different Comfort Inns. If this was my only experience with Comfort Inn, I would never stay at another Comfort Inn. I cannot say enough good about the Salem Comfort Inn or the Huntsville AL Comfort Inn managed by Kayla Patel. Kayla could also correct things (see my comments about her on Trip Advisor. Kayla did everything right when I stayed in her Inn last November when my daughter was dying)
I cannot say enough bad about the Abingdon Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank copper2003
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was recently remodeled so the rooms are clean and inviting.My only complaint was that they only have one person at the desk,and that person was unable to bring us shampoo, and soap which had been removed from our room and not replaced during the first day's cleaning. That meant we had to redress and trudged to the desk after returning from the race at 12 midnight. The clerk did apologize for this inconvenience and had the items ready ASAP.
The breakfast is hot and offers multiple choices of breads, cereals, eggs, and waffles. The location was close to the race track and the price was in line with what other hotels in the area were charging. I would definitely recommend it for your race weekend stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor near the stairwell are most convenient
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel was recently remodeled so the rooms are nicely appointed. My only complaint was that they only have one person at the check in desk, at least when we were there and that person had to multi-task by checking us in, answering the phone, and dealing with questions from other guests while we were checking in. That slowed down the check in process. The breakfast is typical of a Comfort Inn type hotel. I personally do not like them but there were many people taking advantage of it. The fruit and yogurt were fine but I cannot deal with frozen egg patties!!! The location was close to town and close to the interstate. I would recommend it for an overnight stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We travel to Abingdon at least once a year, this was our first/last stay at Comfort Inn Abingdon. Highlands Festival (fun!) was going on. First room #128 smelled damp, but we were v. tired after traveling all day, so just went to bed. Used the restroom at 5 a.m. and found American Roach in the wastebasket. Later found a cricket in tub corner. Were out all the next day, returned at 9 p.m. and found the nightstand crawling with ants. Last straw, but all area hotels were booked due to festival, so the clerk gave us the last vacant room at Comfort Inn. We later wrote to Comfort Inn corporate office, but were denied anything because we didn't leave the hotel! If you stay on the first floor, take Raid.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We chose the hotel due to it's location to the Highlands festival. It has been modestly remodeled. It was a good value for the price. The staff was not happy that I made the reservations with an online group, but that was only one person. Breakfast was nothing fancy but standard. Room was nice. Bed was great. I would stay again for the cost.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Husbands occupation brought him here for one day. Stopped here for a one night stay. Friendly staff. Abingdon in general is a nice town. Really. I had a fender bender while there (they hit me) , and my car later would not start because of no gas, all that and I still rate this trip highly. The Highlands festival was going on, and that was awesome! I had never heard of Abingdon prior to this trip, and now it just might be on a yearly visit list. Comfort Inn was comfortable and the breakfast is complimentary. Use your AAA discount if you have it (possible $10 off the lowest nightly rate). For the price and the service it was good experience.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Comfort Suites
Red Roof Inn Abingdon
Red Roof Inn Abingdon
#10 of 10 in Abingdon
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!