Just returned from spending two nights at this lovely old hotel. The positives were its location within walking distance of great shops and the Barter Theatre in Abingdon. The spa was fantastic with very professional massages and pedicures. The swimming pool and outdoor hot tub were beautifully maintained. The negatives were the free breakfast which was dreadful. It would be so much better to have no breakfast included in the price. Offering sugar cereal and tiny dry biscuits with chopped fruit does not constitute a breakfast in a luxury hotel. A higher quality port served in the library would make the experience of sitting in the library and sipping on port so much more appealing. At checkout there was confusion over the billing of the spa treatment. We were asked to wait until the spa opened and go back to check on the bill after being told that someone who we did not know had paid our bill. This was not handled as well as we would have expected. Overall we enjoyed our stay at The Martha but hope that they make improvements in their breakfast and coordinating hotel and spa billing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History and legends abound at this historic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your The Martha Washington Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Martha Washington Hotel Abingdon
- Martha Washington Hotel
- Martha Washington Inn Abingdon Va
- The Martha Washington Inn