“serenity now”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Averill
Quimby Country Lodge & Cottages
new york city
“serenity now”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Visiting Quimby's has been a part of my life for almost 40 years. To this day, when I close my eyes and let my mind and memory take me to the most peaceful place I have ever visited it always puts me with a fly rod in a row boat on Quimby’s Forest Pond. Bald eagles circling, Moose having a water lily breakfast, beavers at work, and Loons singing. The surrounding natural setting will leave a permanent impression to anyone fortunate enough to visit.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank xpensivewino71

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Newton, MA
Reviewed March 30, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Quimby's for a quiet weekend away from the city and that was exactly what we got! We fished the Little Averill and saw the loons nesting right outside our door. The porch offers a nice relaxing place to enjoy the morning coffee and we loved the proximity to some of the best fishing in New England.

The lodges are rustic, but very comfortable, clean and charming. The kitchens were adequate, but I recommend bringing the supplies you need.

The manager of the lodge is extremely friendly. We loved taking the boats out on the lake and taking a few hikes around the area. We saw tons of wildlife including deer, bald eagles, loons and moose.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarasiggy
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We loved Quimby Country. The rustic cottages are just what the doctor ordered for anyone looking to get away from it all. The food in the restaurant was excellent, and the service from the staff was second to none. It is an idyllic spot, with tons of charm. Swith off the cell phone and blackberry, prepare for some nice boating, hiking and eating. Overall, an amazing place. Special shout-out to Ray the manager, who goes the extra mile for all his guests.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travellingband
charlotte, nc
Reviewed May 31, 2009

If you truly want to get away from the hustle and bustle, but still want your creature comforts, then definitely go to the Quimby Country Lodge. I recently spent two nights there and truly enjoyed it. The Lodge is two miles off of the main road a stone's throw from the Canadian border in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. All rooms are in individual cabins and my cabin, Dusty Miller, was in great condition. According to the manager, the cabin was over 80 years old! The Lodge overlooks a lake (with loons!) and there are walking trails on the property and nearby. Ray, the manager, did everything he could to make my stay enjoyable (including how to show me how to light a wood stove!) I would love to return again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank calumet22

Been to Quimby Country Lodge & Cottages? Share your experiences!