All reviews vermont's northeast kingdom canadian border clean air second home get away from it all spent nights wood stove family vacation a special place beautiful lake lobster bake living room fishing camp dusty miller gene porch wedding
Reviewed September 14, 2015

All the earlier rave reviews are accurate. This place is amazing. We were there for a weekend with a group of friends who have been camping/vacationing together since the late 1980s and this place was perfect for us. 'Rustic' is the word to describe the cottages, but ours was clean and the beds were comfortable. The service was incredible and everyone was friendly. The history of Quimby's is interesting, and we enjoyed looking at photo albums from the early years at the turn of the last century. It is lovely that so many families come here year after year. We were first timers, but we plan to go back!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ElkeOH
Reviewed September 8, 2015

A wonderful getaway. Peaceful,quiet,friendly and very clean. My husband had a good time fishing and boats with trolling motors are provided, as well as kayaks. A beautiful lake surrounded the cabins and made for a picturesque scene.

Reviewed September 7, 2015

My favorite vacation spot. No tvs, computers or telephones to distract you.
Great hiking, tennis by Forest Pond and swimming at the rock or at sandy beach. The Northeast KIngdom of Vermont at it's finest

Room tip: You can light a fire in the wood stove in your cabin on chilly mornings. A great way to start your day.
Reviewed August 27, 2015

We really had a great time at Quimby's. The property is absolutely beautiful and we even saw a moose! The staff was outstanding - everything was spotless and they were always accommodating and cheerful. The food was also fantastic. The cabins are a bit run down and 2 of the 3 beds in our cabin were very uncomfortable.

Reviewed August 27, 2015

We first came here with my mother, two nephews, three sons and me. This was our forty first year. Quimbys accommodated my family ever since. I waited for the boys to complain about the lack of night life, I watched them uae the camp to measure their future wives, and I watched my grandchildren fall for the magic. In this year's thank you note, my sixteen year old grand daughter explained how important Quimby Country was to her. It is a place where parents don't need to say no for a week.

• Trip type: Traveled with family