Quimby Country Lodge & Cottages
Travelocity
Motel Lennoxville(Sherbrooke)(Great Value!)
$67
$64
Motel de l'Outlet(Magog)(Great Value!)
$89
$118
$113
Hotels.com
All reviewscanadian borderget awaysecond homeyear after yearother guestsnew englandnortheast kingdomlobster bakefishing campmooseporchweddinglaketraditionfallvermontinternet
Reviewed August 27, 2015

The northeast corner of the northeast kingdom of Vermont is as close to nowhere as anywhere and exactly where you will find the most beautiful, tranquil home away from home- Quimby Country. I have been going to Quimby Country ever since I was 6 months old, continuing a tradition of over 60 years that my grandfather began. Every year I anxiously await my drive down the gravel path over looking Forrest Lake where I spend a week with not only my immediate family, but my Quimby family that I have gained over the years. Spending a week their every summer you will soon surpass all QC milestones such as swimming out to the raft the first time, kayaking to sandy beach, making it the top of Averill mountain, and is where I imagine bringing my kids one day to do the same. I would recommend Quimby's to anyone. The perfect place for anyone looking for a little escape and will end up truly finding a home away from home.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lauren L
Reviewed August 20, 2015

The best place to disconnect and recharge. We have been going for a few years and we look forward to it for months in advance. It's a welcoming place for all ages and the activities. It's unique and has stood the test of time.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 19, 2015

I was invited to a wedding at Quimby's. I was excited when I pulled down the long driveway to see an old country farmhouse with a big wrap around porch and lots of rocking chairs. The cottage I was assigned was perfect and quaint for what I needed. We had plenty of room, and it was charming.
There were lots of things to do, we enjoyed hiking and kayaking.
If your looking to get away for a camping trip without the hassel of packing all the gear, visit this place. 3 mins from Canada!
Will go back

Room Tip: the Hares Mare was perfect size for 2 people!
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2015

We stayed at Quimby because my very good friend's wedding was there. What a treasure this place is! We were only able to stay two nights but we got the most out of it. The views were beautiful. My daughter enjoyed kayaking and if we had more time I would have loved to hike. Our cabin (Ginger Quill) was clean and quaint. I'm already missing sitting on the porch in the morning to drink my coffee and in the evening looking up at the stars.

Reviewed August 17, 2015

Quimby Country has been the focal point of my family's year since the 1940's. Located in an area of extraordinary and untouched natural beauty, the lodging is simple, but pristine and comfortable, and the food is fantastic. At Quimby's time stops, days melt away slowly, whether you spend your time reading on a porch, picking up a tennis game, hiking Brousseau Mountain, or kayaking in a lake. But the real magic of Quimby's is the experience, no matter when you go, of meeting family you never knew you had. Relationships are formed at QC that last a lifetime. And new families are quickly brought into the fold. If you're vacationing with children, they will have daily activities offered by counselors, and it is a delight to watch as your child safely and joyously runs free through the camp, the woods, the lakes.

1  Thank Alison T