All reviews vermont's northeast kingdom canadian border clean air second home get away from it all spent nights wood stove family vacation a special place beautiful lake lobster bake living room fishing camp dusty miller gene porch wedding
Reviewed August 19, 2015

I was invited to a wedding at Quimby's. I was excited when I pulled down the long driveway to see an old country farmhouse with a big wrap around porch and lots of rocking chairs. The cottage I was assigned was perfect and quaint for what I needed. We had plenty of room, and it was charming.
There were lots of things to do, we enjoyed hiking and kayaking.
If your looking to get away for a camping trip without the hassel of packing all the gear, visit this place. 3 mins from Canada!
Will go back

Room tip: the Hares Mare was perfect size for 2 people!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2015

We stayed at Quimby because my very good friend's wedding was there. What a treasure this place is! We were only able to stay two nights but we got the most out of it. The views were beautiful. My daughter enjoyed kayaking and if we had more time I would have loved to hike. Our cabin (Ginger Quill) was clean and quaint. I'm already missing sitting on the porch in the morning to drink my coffee and in the evening looking up at the stars.

Reviewed August 17, 2015

Quimby Country has been the focal point of my family's year since the 1940's. Located in an area of extraordinary and untouched natural beauty, the lodging is simple, but pristine and comfortable, and the food is fantastic. At Quimby's time stops, days melt away slowly, whether you spend your time reading on a porch, picking up a tennis game, hiking Brousseau Mountain, or kayaking in a lake. But the real magic of Quimby's is the experience, no matter when you go, of meeting family you never knew you had. Relationships are formed at QC that last a lifetime. And new families are quickly brought into the fold. If you're vacationing with children, they will have daily activities offered by counselors, and it is a delight to watch as your child safely and joyously runs free through the camp, the woods, the lakes.

1  Thank Alison T
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Quimby provides a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere for family adventures. We hiked, canoed, kayaked, swam and fished by day and enjoyed bingo and square dancing by night. The setting is beautiful, the staff pleasant/ helpful and the food was great. I will be back in the fall.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank hougha
Reviewed August 16, 2015

Quimby's is an incredible place with hospitality like no other. The people there are amazing and the scenery just adds an incredible touch. You'll never want to leave. From swimming at the Rock to cookie time at 4 it's an incredible experience that is never forgotten

Review collected in partnership with this hotel