Quimby Country Lodge & Cottages
Orbitz.com
Motel Lennoxville(Sherbrooke)(Great Value!)
$67
$64
Motel de l'Outlet(Magog)(Great Value!)
$89
$118
$113
Hotels.com
All reviewscanadian borderget awaysecond homeyear after yearother guestsnew englandnortheast kingdomlobster bakefishing campmooseporchweddinglaketraditionfallvermontinternet
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We went to Quimby Country for my brother's wedding and it was fabulous. The drive there was an introduction to how beautiful and peaceful it was going to be. Ray and Kili were incredibly kind and welcoming to our large family and the many dogs that came along. They were always happy to help with anything that we needed and made us all feel right at home. The cottages were clean and well maintained. The lodge was adequately stocked with games, books, toys for the kids, but most often the kids were in the lake or fishing on the dock. The food was so good and coffee was already at sunrise in the lodge. Sitting on the porches was our favorite thing to do. I strongly encourage anyone looking for some place in the Northeast Kingdom to try this place. It is a great place for a family to be together.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Christine W
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I loved our stay at Quimby. We had a small, simple cabin for two near the lodge, which was very comfortable. Other cabins are larger, many with kitchenettes, and accommodate families. We chose the european meal plan and had breakfast and dinner at the lodge. On fridays, weather permitting, they have an all-you-can-eat lobster buffet next to the lake, which came with a beautiful sunset. Quimby also provides kayaks, canoes, and has a tennis court and raquets. They have walking trails on the property that get you to beaches for swimming and are very helpful in directing you to other places for outdoor fun in the area. If you've ever been to camp and loved the experience, you'll love Quimby.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank southendgirl05401
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We wanted to have a wedding at a place where as much of the family could join us as possible -- and also not have to worry about finding restaurants for 40 people, etc... A friend recommended Quimby's and we completely loved every part of the long weekend. Ray, the manager, was helpful, gracious and completely professional. We were in the middle of lots of moving activities, and had to leave the details to Quimby's. Kenn, a planner with much experience, helped make sure that everything was impeccably done from start to finish. Our whole family got to spend time together for the long weekend - canoeing, playing cards, dancing and just generally having a blast. Everyone enjoyed themselves and they're already planning other possible trips there for the future. I wish we could give them 6 stars!

Room Tip: We stayed in Dusty Miller - very nice cabin. Everyone else enjoyed theirs too.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mms_nj
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My dad was brought up to Averill Lake since 1947. Later on when he had a family of his own he took my brother in 1977 than every year until I was born in 1981.We had spent the next decade plus. Going every summer to Quimby's lodge for "fancy" dinning and the always famous lobster picnics. We just looked at "the Lake" again since I have children of my own and I have to say that nothing has changed. It is without a doubt the best place I have ever been to in all my travels around the world. The peace this place can create is incredible. You will always get the best nights rest because there are no distractions anywhere.

Room Tip: Any room is best but kitchenette is preferred
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt58277
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Quimby's has been around for well over 100 years perched on a plataeu in the northeastern most nook of Vermont amidst beautiful, deep lakes, the Connecticut River, and mountains. It is peaceful, charming, well-cared for, and steeped in history.

My wife and I have been going up to Quimby's for about 9 years both in the spring or fall seasons when only the cottages with kitchens (7 of 20) are available and occasionally during the main summer season when meals are served in the lodge and the chef is on staff.

If you like the outdoors you won't find a better place in New England to stay because there is so much to see and do right at your fingertips - fishing, hiking, swimming, boating, nature watching (lots of moose), biking....the list goes on. If you just want to sit and read books, relax and decompress from real life this is also your place. Each cottage has a porch overlooking forest lake complete with loons keeping you entertained and hummingbirds racing from one porch cabin to the next.

Quimby's also attracts wonderful guests and everyone I've ever met there appreciates what Quimby's has to offer and usually books their return trip before they've even left. The manager and staff go out of their way to ensure that you find what you are looking for at Quimby's or in the surrounding area. Need suggestions for a place to go for a hike, see moose, or want to go fly fishing.....you'll be all set.

One thing we really appreciate is that Quimby's is pet friendly. We always bring our dogs who may have a better time there than even we do. They have room to run and the lakes to swim. Quimby's is 3 miles from the nearest paved road.

Quimby's is also the perfect place for those people with children. You can cut them loose and not worry about their safety. Quimby's has counselors on staff during the summer session and all the adults keep an eye on each other's kids. Trust me, my sister-in-laws kids had an incredible time....swimming, tennis, kayaking, fishing, campfires, ping-pong,....

I can't wait for my next trip later this fall. I'll watch the leaves fall, the geese come in to roost at night on forest lake, and spend my days with the dogs chasing grouse and woodcock in the forests.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple