My wife and I recently spent 2 days at West Mountain Inn, taking advantage of a Groupon deal. I'll admit, it was my first ever Groupon purchase and I'm also not much of an Inn / B&B person but it was 2 days without the kids and we're familiar with the Manchester / Arlington area so why not. I was expecting a ton of restrictions because of the Groupon but that absolutely wasn't the case. Date restrictions were minimal and we stayed Sunday - Tuesday. The majority of rooms were among the choices and the deal also included a $40 dinner credit (essentially BOGO one of the nights) and breakfast each day. The only things that weren't included were beverages from the bar and meal taxes/gratuities. The room (# 12) was just what we were looking for. A surprisingly spacious room with a comfortable king bed (2 twins together but you wouldn't notice if they didn't tell you in the room description online), nice sitting area and a private deck with 2 rockers overlooking the woods. The dinner we had on our first night was one of the best I've had in a long time. Breakfast was excellent albeit very filling. The common areas of the inn are warm and inviting with plenty of reading options, table games, comfy couches and chairs, a nice little bar and even a TV in case you can't bear being without one any longer. Inn staff are all welcoming and friendly but never intrusive. It was hot and humid when we arrived and they had already turned on the AC unit in our room which was a nice touch. They seem to have individual thermostats in each room which is probably very helpful in the winter. The proximity to Manchester, Bennington and the surrounding areas make it easy to find things to do. We're looking forward to going back soon although if it's in the winter, we'll have to rent or borrow a 4WD because I don't trust my 4 cyl. Honda to get up that driveway even with sand, salt and dirt on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to the West Mountain Inn are surrounded by spacious, antique-filled guest rooms, fantastic views, and 150 acres of gardens, lawns, and woodlands. Guests can explore miles of trails, visit alpacas, walk our labyrinth, flyfish or canoe the Battenkill River and relax in the Adirondack chairs on the front lawn. The Inn’s wood-paneled dining room provides the perfect setting for the lavish breakfasts and sumptuous 5-course dinners created daily by our award-winning chef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your West Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Mountain Hotel Arlington
- West Mountain Inn Arlington, VT - Green Mountains