“Blissful Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Groton, Connecticut
“Blissful Experience”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Inn is nestled among panoramic views of the surrounding mountains that are spectacular.
The gardens and the property are beautiful, and I loved the alpacas! My friends and I arrived at a time during the week when no one else was there, and the staff allowed us to check out all of the rooms. They all looked clean and comfortable, and each one was unique and had a little something different to offer. All of the staff were really friendly and genuinely helpful. As indicated in a previous review, in the rooms themselves there are no tvs, phones or clocks, and cell phone connection is sketchy, but they have added Wi-Fi. There's a tv in a lounge for people that can't unplug...but for me personally getting off of the grid is the thing that I value the most.
Fabulous breakfasts with all local items and ingredients, and 5 course dinner is to die for! This was my 2nd trip there this year, and I can't wait to find time to go back.

Room Tip: Booker Washington suite was beautiful and also quiet. Gov Chittenden room was really lovely, but qu...
Green Features: Everything that they did seemed to show their conscious awareness of the environment.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ellen P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed with an entire wedding party at the Inn. The rest of the guests staying in the other buildings on the property. This place is a diamond in the ruff of Arlington, VT. The staff is courteous and genuine, like each and every one has a stake in your experience. The rooms are all unique, clean, and exactly what I wanted for the weekend. Hiking trails were perfect for short and long hikes, with some rock climbing included on the hardest/longest route. Free wifi is nice since there is no cell service other than 4g, but in this setting you really want to be disconnected. Excellent experience, would love to go back for a personal vacation. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This Inn is in a really great location. The mountain views surrounding the area gives it such a peaceful feeling. The atmosphere is relaxed in the Inn. Our room had a wood burning fireplace which we enjoyed using vs the gas ones. The room was spacious and clean. You must know that there is no phone, no tv and no clock in the room and if the weather is warmer you have a window air conditioner for cooling. The food was really, really good and the dining atmosphere cozy, quaint and relaxing yet it had its own flare. Open windows and light breezies and candle light. Now with all that having been said and as much as we enjoyed our stay there here are few more things you need to know. Our bed was very hard and the pillow were too. (Rockwell Kent Rm) Some of the furniture in our room was old and uncomfortable. Some chairs coming apart. At 9:00 the lights go out as the staff leaves. They start shutting things down. There are no fresh cookies put out or coffee brewing in the coffee pot throught out the day. They will brew you some if you ask. One can make tea all day. As I said before this Inn operates in a very relaxed manner and considering its age looks well kept. Would we go back - not until some updating is done in the rooms. I would, however, entain dining there again without hesitation

Room Tip: The Rockwell Kent overlooks the grounds and mountains.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fivebirds55555
Lousiana
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I will only stay at a hotel/inn more than once if the first experience is wonderful. West Mountain Inn is just that. I stayed here about 7 years ago on a girls' trip so when I wanted to go back to the area with my daughter I chose this inn again. It really is just delightful. The inn fits just what a Vermont inn should be. My favorite area of the inn is the common area. Every evening my daughter and I enjoyed our time sitting by the fireplace, drinking tea and eating the delicious cookies provided while reading books and magazines. I was tempted to get a drink from the bar, but stuck with tea. Music is played at a nice level throughout the common rooms and plenty of board games and reading materials are also available. We really enjoyed watching a young couple battle over a game of Scrabble. One day we took a nice walk around the hiking trails that surround the inn and took some lovely photos. The breakfasts are unbelievably delicious with a wide variety of homemade choices. We had one dinner as well and it was awesome. Our bed was very comfortable. My only complaint would be our very small stand alone shower we had and the toiletries provided had an awful scent (so obviously I did not use them so not a big deal). I just can not recommend this inn enough. Whether for a couple, or a girls trip, or a family vacation. It certainly can handle a family reunion also. I highly recommend visiting Manchester and going to the Northshire Bookstore. My favorite bookstore!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have been coming to the Inn for years, and each visit has been a pleasant stay! The rooms and grounds are carefully cared for, the staff is very helpful & friendly. The food is delicious, with a variety of choices... The hiking trails are well marked, the labyrinth garden is great for contemplation. The alpacas are interesting - sort of a little quirky touch to the property.

There are many ways of entertaining yourself no matter what the time of year, or the weather, both inside the Inn, on the property, and in the surrounding towns. I urge you to check out their website and give yourself a well deserved treat!

Room Tip: Check the West Mountain Inn website--there are pictures & descriptions of each room.
Massachusetts
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I throroughly enjoyed our one night get-away at the West Mountain Inn for our wedding anniversary. Our room was a comfortable delight and dinner and breakfast were delicious. Our only regret was that we were too full from breakfast to eat dessert!

Next time....

Middlebury, Vermont
Reviewed April 18, 2013

What a lovely, relaxing place! The rooms are attractive and comfortable, the food excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. There is a lot to do in this area of southern Vermont and the inn is an excellent base from which to tour.

Room Tip: My husband requires a first floor bedroom, and the inn offers only one, which met our needs beautifu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Manchester View
#5 of 8 in Arlington
Hill Farm Inn
Hill Farm Inn
#3 of 8 in Arlington

Been to West Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!