West Mountain Inn
Weathervane Motel(Manchester)
Wilburton Inn(Manchester)
Hillbrook Motel(Shaftsbury)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe barnrockwell kenthiking trailsrobert frost roomafrican violetbattenkill riverwedding weekenddaniel websternew englandgrounds are beautifuleach morningliving roomsarah's roomfresh fruitthe main househome away from homewood burning fireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed at the West Mountain Inn over the past June, 2011 weekend. It was lovely, even if it rained nearly the entire time. The Inn is charming, particularly because it's still kind of funky. It's not luxury, but you won't want for much. There aren't phones or TVs in the room, which suited us fine. WiFi was fast and never faltered. That was a huge bonus. Most big hotels can't boast that. What made this Inn so great was that we stayed there with two kids, ages 4 and 6. That's kind of rough, as some of you with kids may know. It's hard to keep kids quiet and occupied. First, our room (Norman Rockwell) was huge and had not only a large king-sized bed but also three built-in sleeping nooks. The kids were crazy for these, and they made bedtime so simple. Just toss the kids into a nook, and done. Also, great for storing their toys/animals/stuff. Kept the room cleaner. I also slept in a nook, as my husband snores. I felt it was comfortable and great, even for an adult. The breakfast, which is provided, was tasty. It wasn't the best food I've ever head (whoever cooks the eggs cooks them far too long), but the muffins were tasty and I felt satisfied each morning. The steel cut oats were great. Real maple syrup, of course. Coffee was strong and good enough for my liking, which is not always the case in hotels. The hotel/inn itself is also kid friendly. The staff never seemed annoyed with my kids running about. There is a game room and a toy/play room, both open to kids. The outdoor space has a swing set and teeter-totter, very charming. There are also some outside kids' toys including a trike and a bulldozer/backhoe which my son LOVED. The outside space is also big enough for the kids to run pretty much free, and the Inn is secluded enough that I didn't worry about them running into the street. All the patrons were friendly. There seem to be a lot of elderly guests, some of whom were annoyed with kids, but overall I felt myself and my kids were quite welcome. I slept well, ate well and relaxed, which is saying a lot while having two youngsters along!

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for the Norman Rockwell room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Only suggestion would be some form of message service for calls received by guests and calls needing to be made by guests for emergencies. Cell phone reception was pretty much non-existant and a check-in option to retrieve messages would have been nice. Otherwise, we felt like we were at a family member's home and oh so comfortable. Owen added to the feeling of "home" and we enjoyed him.

Room Tip: Indicate size of room desired; floor location
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Our visit at the Inn was relaxing and memorable. The service is great, staff is very friendly and dinner is delicious. Amie (owner) is a joy to see at all our stays at the Inn. She and her staff are so accommodating, we feel as though we are stating with family. We are 'One of the Folks'! ;-) Our room (#2) was bright and sunny, extremely clean, freshly painted and had a comfy bed. On a day with rain, cold or warm, we take advantage of the trails out back for an relaxing stroll though the woods or an invigorating hike. Close to Manchester Center, we often pop into town for a bit of shopping (usually the wood store).
We love best the warm friendly and relaxing atmosphere, an the fantastic meals prepared by Chef Jeff.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The West Mountain Inn in Arlington, VT, is the perfect place to go when you just want to get away from it all for a few days. The atmosphere is peaceful and relaxed. The owner and staff are so friendly. They have a barn with alpacas in case you love alpacas (that is what lured us here the first time). Hiking trails and beautiful views abound. Plenty of places to have a wedding if you were looking for that. The food... in a word... awesome. The dinner is worth every penny of the fixed price. It is not for those of you looking for a "resort" or rooms of super high quality with brand new fixtures, etc. A great place to go as a group since there is a lot of common area to hang out. I would definitely return (I've been there twice so far).

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2011

The food, the rooms and hospitality are first class. Everyone is kind and helpful to make sure your stay is perfect.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and of museum quality.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business