“We love the Whitney!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arlington
The Whitney House Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Arlington B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“We love the Whitney!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was our third stay at The Whitney House, and it's about time I wrote a review. The Inn is beautiful. The great room is lovely, with a beautiful fire place and charming ambiance. The rooms are clean, quaint, quiet, private, warm, and cozy. The Innkeepers, Kerry and Pat, are welcoming and friendly. And Kerry serves a delicious breakfast. We highly recommend this B&B for anyone looking for a quiet, cozy stay in Arlington.
Erin and Elizabeth
NY, NY

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Upstate NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I just returned from my third visit to the Whitney House. I wrote a review after my first trip but I felt compelled to write again because it was still an amazing experience several years later. Pat and Kerry are so kind and eager to make your stay great; they really make an effort to get to know their guests. The entire inn is clean and beautifully kept and the rooms are very comfortable. The breakfast is as wonderful as I remembered and they were even able to accommodate a gluten free diet. I can't wait to return, I feel like Pat and Kerry are old friends now. I highly recommended a trip to the Whitney House!!

Stayed January 2014
Elmsford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Like so many others, we chose the Whitney House Inn based on the rave reviews. the Inn and hosts are everything indicated here... very much deserving of their perfect perfect score here...

the beautiful building and grounds were immaculate and spotless. the rooms were beautifully furnished and maintained. very nice linens and very comfortable bed. the hosts, Pat and Kerry, were warm, welcoming and friendly... just the right amount of visiting and space. Breakfast was amazing. Honestly, every little detail was perfect. Pat and Kerry know how to get it done and get it done in a very unassuming and friendly manner.

I highly recommend the Whitney house Inn. We will be back and will only stay here on our visits to VT going forward. thank you so much for a wonderful experience!

Steve and Lin
NY

Room Tip: any room is fine here... one a little bigger than the others but you cant go wrong here.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The inn keepers, owners and hosts were wonderful. I chose this inn because of other reviews and it did not disappoint. I had my 3 and 5 year old grandsons for a "sleepover". My son and daughter and the boys live down the street.. We had a great breakfast and they made the boys feel welcome and comfortable. I think one of the reviews said something about being an older Inn. That was part of the charm. It had all of the comforts, ambiance and warmth of a true Vermont Inn
Patty, Mike and Matt

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brewster, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Because of the reviews, I made reservations for a get away with my husband on Oct. 12 & 13th. Now I would like to share our experience with others checking out reviews. Our stay was everything all the excellent reviews said it was. We immediately bonded with the Innkeepers Pat and kerry and another couple, who said they come to the Inn every year this same date. Wow, I wish I could make reservations a year in advance... The coffee tray w/cake or muffins delivered at 7:00am just outside your door was my favorite thing. A real good cup of coffee, I sat and looked out on the beautiful scenery. The rooms and whole Inn is very clean (and Iam a stickler about that). This Inn is nestled between Maples and Pines with some Crab Apple trees so anytime of the year would be beautiful. Pat made reservations for us for dinner and both restaurants were really good! Wine and Cheese w/crackers on the front porch made for a relaxing time before dinner out, plus, it was a great time to talk with Pat and Kerry. Both are just well, really nice, genuine people. We will see you again for sure maybe sametime!! Monica and Nick

Room Tip: Choose any of the three, all are great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a delightful stay at the Whitney House Inn. Innkeepers Pat & Kerry were gracious and friendly. Kerry's breakfasts were beautifully presented and wonderfully delicious without being overly filling. You don't want to be so full from breakfast that you can't try some of the local specialties throughout the area such as cider doughnuts, chocolate candy and homemade ice cream. A lovely amenity at the Inn is every morning a tray table is discreetly placed outside your door with hot coffee or tea and a fresh baked treat made by Pat.The large common room at the Whitney House is beautifully appointed and very inviting as is the comfortable wrap-around porch. We stayed in Whitney's View room which was very clean, comfortable and roomy. The only suggestion I would have is to install some blinds in the windows for a little darkness and privacy. We were able to un-draped the decorative curtains for a bit of privacy.

Room Tip: Whitney's View has lovely window seats and a nice closet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol S
Howard Beach, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I just came back from a three night stay at The Whitney House Inn. This was the first time we ever stayed at a bed and breakfast inn. Thank God it was at the Whitney House. Pat and Kerry (the owners) were unbelievable. They were warm, friendly people who couldn't do enough for their guests. Their home was just beautiful. If you want clean, then this is the place for you. There wasn't one piece of dirt or dust anywhere in the house!! The house is set a little off the main highway (Rt. 7A) which is great because you never hear any cars driving by. Pat & Kerry also leave a tray of homemade muffins & coffee by your door in the morning and serve a great breakfast when you're ready to come down to the dining area. I'm looking forward to going back again and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else but the Whitney House Inn in Arlington, Vt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Denise M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Kimpton Taconic Hotel
#1 of 8 in Arlington
The Inn at Ormsby Hill
The Inn at Ormsby Hill
#2 of 12 in Manchester

Been to The Whitney House Inn? Share your experiences!