I was assured by AAA that this Vermont Country Inn is rated "Three Diamonds", so I expected a very nice Country Inn. When we arrived at check-in time (1-3PM), we were shown to our room in the 18th century historic-plaque'd former parsonage next door to the actual "Arlington Country Inn" - the odor of mildew was overpowering. The toilet seat was chipped and looked the worse for wear; it was obvious where the wall-to-wall was vacuumed and where is was never vacuumed, there were lines of demarcation where the vacuum apparently never has gone. The bedding was old and shabby, the mattress was very, very hard, the pillows were old, and matted, very hard. There was no "second emergency exit" - aren't there supposed to be two exits?? After we turned the air conditioner on we discovered, upon closer examination, that the air conditioner filter apparently has not been cleaned (ever?) - it was nearly totally blocked by lint and dust.
The TV was at least 15 years old, and because of its position in an Amoire, could not be turned to face the bed. How much would a new toilet seat and a set of new bedding set the owners back? It was obvious that this Inn was run on a very tight margin. I will say that the complimentary full breakfast was superb; the bread was wonderful, the muffins wonderful, the omelet exemplary, the corned beef hash was homemade and out of this world wonderful. The dinner menu was very pricey, approximately $26 $32; it might have been similarly wonderful, but we found cheaper and very good eats elsewhere. I am not sure what the other rooms at this Inn were like, but would advise anyone not to accept a room at the house next door, the old parsonage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet Village between Manchester and Bennington, the Inn is convenient to the diversions that each season has to offer. Walk to golf, swimming; fly-fishing on the Battenkill River and the Rockwell Exhibition. Nearby you can enjoy shopping, theater, antiquing, museums, hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, cross-country and downhill skiing.Country Gardens with Gazebo, Elegant guest rooms, private baths, television, phone, WiFi service and air conditioning. Many feature Fireplaces, Jacuzzi’s, Porch & Patios.Dining is an exquisite experience, Romantic, candlelit dinners are served fireside.Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners & Retreats are brimming with outstanding cuisine, excellent service and romantic surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Arlington Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Arlington Inn VT - Green Mountains