“The most asthetically beautiful inn with Vermont's finest hospitality!”
Review of Barsen House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addison
Barsen House Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Addison B&B and Inns
syracuse, ny
“The most asthetically beautiful inn with Vermont's finest hospitality!”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

My friend and I stayed here for just one night, and this inn was the nicest of all the bed and breakfasts we stayed at in Vermont. The couple who own the house are incredibly friendly and welcoming. We arrived around 8:25pm, and didn't realize that most of the restaurants in Vergennes stop serving at 8:30. The woman who owns the Inn called the Black Sheep (which is also one of the best restaurants in all of Vermont) and got us a reservation.
The Inn itself is beautiful! The husband actually designed the house and built all of the furniture himself and the wife decorated it. I felt as if I had just walked into the pages of a Better Homes and Garden Magazine. And speaking of gardens, the flowers and landscaping were fantastic! They even had a pond where their pet blue heron hangs out. It's truly a little piece of paradise in Vermont.
And lastly, I NEED to mention the food. We woke up two different types of fresh homemade bread, fruit cups with fresh fruit, and the most delicious fritatta. They even made their own cheese!
If you get the chance to come and stay a night in Addison, Vermont...you must stay at the Barsen House Inn. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank mofrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We were fortunate enough to stay at Barsen House Inn, but only for a single night (*sigh*). Peter and Daphne Jensen are the perfect hosts: attentive but not invasive. We never knew they were there except when they were serving us. Not that they are not personable -- just the opposite. They were such interesting people! The Inn is really part of their own home that they have built over the years. Peter is quite an artist and artisan. He has made much of the gorgeous furniture in the house, and Daphne is a wonderful cook and an accomplished gardener (on their beautifully-landscaped 4 acres). Breakfast was better than any restaurant you could name and all the ingredients were local and organic, including eggs from their own chickens (No! you cannot hear the chickens from the house.)

The Inn consists of a nice queen bedroom with private and a suite with two bedrooms (perfect for a family) across the hall. There is a sitting room in between with a small refrigerator, drinks and sometimes cookies!

Next time we hope to be able to stay longer, as the Inn is very centrally located to many interesting locations. We would give this Inn our very highest recommendation!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daxenpax
Broad Brook, CT
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We spontaneously decided to visit northern Vermont. I e-mailed on Friday, hoping for a one night stay Saturday. I heard back from Daphne immediately and I called to confirm. She recommended a lovely Bistro in Vergennes and from dinner through our one-night stay everything was charming! The Moonlight Room was appointed beautifully: clean and comfortable, complete with gorgeous artwork and the famous hand-made furniture. We got a week's worth of relaxation in our one night in this cozy feast for the eyes. Best breakfast I have ever had. Ever. The inn is a perfect pinnacle of Vermont sensibilities...home-made, hand-made and locally grown with a sophisticated country sensibility. Conserved wildlife areas nearby make this a perfect retreat for nature lovers.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank broad_brook_artist
San Diego
Reviewed March 6, 2009

Thanks to Peter and Daphne for opening their beautiful home to me during my ski trip to Vermont! After a long drive from Montreal, I was welcomed with a tasty home cooked meal and a warm fire. The Moonlight room was cozy and I especially enjoyed the handcrafted furniture and art pieces throughout the Inn. I will be back for a visit again soon!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NateG
Tucson
Reviewed November 27, 2008

The rural Vermont experience at it's best !! Lovely house, clean cozy rooms, great food, outstanding hosts. The grounds include a pond, seating areas for relaxation, a garden for fresh produce, and chickens for fresh eggs. Step outside and the views in all directions are spectacular. Lake Champlain is a short walk away. There is plenty to do in the area. Historic sites and recreation sites are close by. Burlington is 45 minutes away and Middlebury is about 20 minutes.

I'll be back

• Liked — Friendly hosts and clean and neat accomidations
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BobZim
Blacksburg, VA
Reviewed May 5, 2008

What a relaxing three days! A nice, quiet getaway on scenic Lake Champlain. The Inn owners do everything to make sure your stay is a great experience. From the moment I drove in late at night, I felt the tension leaving my body. I was greeted warmly and ushered to a beautiful clean room with an incredibly comfortable bed. This was a quiet getaway for me but next time I'll be sure to bring my family as there are so many wonderful outdoor experiences for my kids!

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank PAstudent
Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Nice clean house near Lake Champlain (not on the shores) in a flat farm-land area. Garden pretty but countryside not nearly as picturesque as around and in the villages of Vergennes, Middlebury and Brandon. Difficult to find at night (locals did not know of its existance, no illumination of the house signage). Beware owners cancellation policy of no refunds for board or meals (full or partial) within 14 days of booking!

• Liked — clean large bedroom
  • Disliked — remoteness of house, not in a village, owners non-refund policy, difficult to find
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Middlebury Inn
#1 of 11 in Middlebury
Strong House Inn
Strong House Inn
#1 of 3 in Vergennes

Been to Barsen House Inn? Share your experiences!