The hotel is right by the lifts at Alta.
The hotel only offers rooms with breakfast and dinner included and in season this is expensive. That said, it is worth it to wake up actually in the mountains and walk a few steps across the snow to the lifts. The ski hire shop is in the hotel building.
Our room was not enormous but had room for the kingsize bed and two armchairs. The decor was a little tired but anyway totally outclassed by the view.
The meals were excellent - four course dinner with several choices, delicious buffet breakfast.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Alta!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge provides a welcoming, friendly staff with comfortable lodging in an unbeatable location. Steps from the base of Alta Ski Area's Collins and Wildcat lifts, we are home to one of Alta's only true ski-in, ski-out experiences. It is hard to compete with our location combined with our comfortable lodging, impeccable service, full breakfast and a four-course dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Goldminer's Daughter Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldminer`s Daughter Hotel Alta
- Goldminer's Daughter Lodge Alta, Utah