“Wow! What a VIEW!"”

Ranked #3 of 5 Specialty Lodging in Alta
Columbus, Ohio
“Wow! What a VIEW!"”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Alta Lodge is a lovely location for a wedding! Of course we visited off-season. The lodge was very nice, although there are no TVs or radios! The staff was very helpful. Brunch on Sunday was included and it was the most incredible spread I've ever seen! And it was served from 9:30 - 2:00! Loved this place!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
washington dc
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Our family has been going to the A lodge for years....kids have grown up there, and, now, even work there. Extended family has joined us on many occasions. Service and food are wonderful.....they never let me carry my own bags up the stairs and they deliver firewood to my room whenever I call. I am a vegetarian and on those rare occasions that the menu doesn't provide a vegetarian entree, I can request one and, voila, it appears. It aint pretentious but you can get whatever you want there! And being able to leave the locker room and ski straight to the lift is the best....especially on those powder days.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Cliff_Curry, Manager at Alta Lodge, responded to this review, April 8, 2010
We love seeing reviews like this! The things you mentioned – the dining experience, the personal service and our ski-in, ski-out location – along with our traditional ski lodge experience, are really why so many guests return to the Lodge every year. I enjoyed the mention of kids growing up at the Lodge and now working at the Lodge. We always seem to have at least a couple of employees each year from the families of our long-time guests. Our staff is really what makes the Lodge such a warm environment, and we get many applications for each available position. Lots of our employees are recent graduates of top universities, but what they all have in common is that they believe in our aim of providing a great Alta experience to our guests – and that they are all so darn nice!

Cliff Curry
Alta Lodge
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We have been going to the Alta Lodge as a family for over 30 years. Now three generations of our family are enjoying the Lodge and the skiing at Alta. You can not beat the convenience of skiing right out the Lodge door to the best skiing in the world. We love the warm feeling of the lodge, the comfortable rooms, the coziness of the lobby that pulls everyone together, the wonderful meals in the dining room where you can sit with other Lodge guests or if you choose by yourself, the afternoon tea after skiing, the convivial bar, a children's dinner followed by a program for children. The unique feature of The Alta Lodge is the warmth and hospitality of the staff and the family that has owned the Lodge for 50years.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2010

The hotel is extremely dated and needs an overhaul. For the price that you pay, you should get a better room and amenities, and a more helpful staff. Other than some minor updating, it appears that the hotel hasn't been touched in 50+ years. Be prepared to "do it yourself" (e.g., carry your luggage, reserve your own ground transportation, etc.) as the staff seemed more interested in getting off the clock and either skiing or taking up all of the seats at the hotel's bar. While I have not given up on Utah skiing or Alta/Snowbird, there has to be a better spot than the Alta Lodge.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
hyd
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I went there maily for skiing. This lodge is just beside the alta ski resorts. The place is very close to many ski resorts.. This was a nice place. the food is average.
This hotel is convinient fot the people going for skiing

Stayed December 2009
1 Thank shaship4
travelbug4061
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I booked a reservation to stay at the Alta lodge four months prior to my travel dates. They required a $50 deposit. Knowing that my travel reservations might change, I was very careful to ask about the cancellation policy. I was told that I could cancel up until two days before my reservation begins. I was very careful to make sure I understood this policy. My plans changed, and when I called back to cancel I had to leave three messages on their voicemail and they still didn't call me back to confirm the cancellation. When I called back a fourth time, they confirmed that the reservation had been cancelled and that my deposit had been returned. I noticed after a week that the deposit had not shown up on my bank statements. When I called they said that I needed to cancel more than two weeks in advance to receive the cancellation. Even if that was the policy and I had simply been misinformed, they should have apologized for the confusion and offered to return the deposit.

Why would I give my business to a hotel that behaves like this?

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Connecticut
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Other hotels often call themselves lodges but are really just hotels located near ski mountains. The Alta Lodge is a true ski lodge, complete with the warm, cozy feel and amazing ski in/ski out accomodations! Many guests of the lodge have been staying there for 50+ years and I can see why! The staff will bend over backwards to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The dining room has the best food in Little Cottonwood Canyon and the option to have family style seating to meet other guests is great! Cozy rooms, a jacuzzi that looks out onto High Rustler and a fun, relaxed private club round out why I highly recommend this lodge to anyone who is looking to stay in Alta!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CTgal129
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alta
Alta's Rustler Lodge
Hyatt Centric Park City
Hyatt Centric Park City
#5 of 60 in Park City
Alta Peruvian Lodge

Been to Alta Lodge? Share your experiences!