Skyscanner.com
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Lora B

A magical place for skier families!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 9, 2022
The Rustler is our favorite place to stay in Alta. The location is amazing, right on the mountain with great views from your window and in the dining room. The staff are all kind and accommodating, the food is amazing!! Plus the skiing is top notch, with lots of advanced and expert terrain.
Date of stay: December 2021
Room Tip: Higher floors have been redo more recently
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this review
Responded Jan 12, 2022
Skiing is magical isn't it? Our hope is to add to that feeling by making everything as easy, relaxing, and special for you and your family as we can. Thank you for sharing your views about our lodge. We hope to have you back at the Rustler as soon as you're able.
eDreams
Pool
  • eDreams
0.0 miles from Alta's Rustler Lodge
View more hotels in Alta
All reviews steam room ski shop the outdoor heated pool top notch stretch class ski vacation breakfast and dinner dining room year after year morning stretch place to stay cottonwood canyon great food mountain view eagles nest next year the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2022 via mobile

Our family visit the week before New Year’s exceeded all expectations. While cozy, the Rustler is immaculate and a reflection of the top-rate professionalism of the staff. The breakfast buffet and made to order options were on par with Four Seasons, Montage, etc. The four course dinners were exceptional and they are thoughtful about having a variety from day to day including a special flavor of the night homemade ice cream which I highly recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2022

Thank you for choosing to stay with us this holiday season, and for your complimentary review. We strive to exceed your expectations with every stay and appreciate your letting us know that we have! We're honored by your praise. I'm particularly tickled that you have mentioned our homemade ice cream as a highlight. Looking forward to your swift return,

Reviewed December 27, 2021

This is our 10th year staying at The Rustler and it’s perfection every time. This year our luggage was lost for a couple days and the staff let us borrow their own personal gear so we would not miss a day of skiing! That goes above and beyond what we could ever imagine! The food, the view, the service, it’s always perfect!!!

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Congratulations on a decade with us here at the Rustler, and we thank you more than words can say for choosing to share your precious vacation time with us here in Alta. A little secret about hospitality is that it is a two-way street. We can't be perfect without our guests being wonderful and appreciative. Thank you for helping us be the best Rustler Lodge we can be. Wishing you every happiness as we begin this New Year,

Reviewed December 25, 2021

Stayed at the Rustler a few years back for a family spring skiing getaway. Everything was perfect. Amazing staff, delicious food, perfect location and lovely accommodations.

Kate, the manager is extremely helpful, gracious and accommodating. We cannot wait to return!

1  Thank travfam128
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2021

Thank you for your glowing review and praise of Kate! We too cannot wait for you to return. All our best to you from all of us here at the Rustler!

Reviewed December 18, 2021

Amazing ski-in, ski-out hotel with incredible amenities. Staff is friendly and welcoming. Food is spectacular and included in room rate. Indoor and outdoor hot tubs, dry sauna, steam sauna. Well-appointed rooms.

Date of stay: December 2021
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2021

We appreciate your accolades and strive to provide the kind of service, amenities, and meals you describe as being spectacular. Guests like yourself could not be more wonderful to serve. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to have you back again soon.
Warmly,

Reviewed December 17, 2021

I woke up on a beautiful Saturday morning in CA and a friend had sent me a general snapshot of the storm(s) being predicted in the Pacific Northwest. I thought, “It’s been three years?! Need to ski. No time to plan something w/ others. I’m just going.”

After some quick searches I finally landed on Utah - more specifically, The Rustler Lodge. Ski in / ski out is really the only thing that I was looking for. I called to book (I prefer that - it always helps me get a better feel for places that I have not visited). Kate picked up the phone - then patiently listened as I asked question after question to make sure that all of the logistics were going to work. She then took the time to answer every one of them and explained the routine at the lodge. In between questions and answers she was also offering me bits of information about Alta and more specifically, the skiing. I was sold. My flight was to arrive at 9:30am the next morning, I was using the shuttle service recommended by the lodge and when I arrived everything was in place. I was checked in, had lunch (the food is FANTASTIC!), had demo skis fitted and was ready to ski just before 1pm. After getting in a few hours of skiing I headed back to the lodge. This place really has it all down!

Routine : Amazing breakfast. Ski. Find a hut for water and a cookie / apple / lunch. Ski. Ski. Hut. Lodge. Steam/sauna. Always seems to be fresh food and baked goods in the lobby. Many other amenities. Four course meal that was lights out each night. Bed. Repeat. Oh, and stretching / yoga in the morning…if you like.

I met, dined and skied with people throughout the course of the week that had been retuning to Rustler year after year for 10, 15, 40 plus years. I am in love with this place. It is very rustic but still offers luxury at the same time. It should come as no surprise that starting on Tuesday evening my stay kept getting extended - I couldn’t leave. I finally folded and committed to an actual flight home on Friday. Rustler Lodge nails every aspect of a true ski vacation and I cannot wait to come back and introduce people to this type of ski getaway. Just go!

Trip type: Traveled solo

We're so happy you were able to escape on a last minute trip to stay with us. Your resounding praise is music to our ears. I'm so grateful Kate was her marvelous self in helping you choose to stay here at our Lodge. We can't wait to welcome you back. Thank you!