Lock in the lowest price from these sites
All reviews steam room ski shop the outdoor heated pool top notch stretch class ski vacation breakfast and dinner dining room year after year morning stretch place to stay cottonwood canyon great food mountain view eagles nest next year the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2021

This is our 10th year staying at The Rustler and it’s perfection every time. This year our luggage was lost for a couple days and the staff let us borrow their own personal gear so we would not miss a day of skiing! That goes above and beyond what we could ever imagine! The food, the view, the service, it’s always perfect!!!

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2022

Congratulations on a decade with us here at the Rustler, and we thank you more than words can say for choosing to share your precious vacation time with us here in Alta. A little secret about hospitality is that it is a two-way street. We can't be perfect without our guests being wonderful and appreciative. Thank you for helping us be the best Rustler Lodge we can be. Wishing you every happiness as we begin this New Year,

Reviewed December 25, 2021

Stayed at the Rustler a few years back for a family spring skiing getaway. Everything was perfect. Amazing staff, delicious food, perfect location and lovely accommodations.

Kate, the manager is extremely helpful, gracious and accommodating. We cannot wait to return!

1  Thank travfam128
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2021

Thank you for your glowing review and praise of Kate! We too cannot wait for you to return. All our best to you from all of us here at the Rustler!

Reviewed December 18, 2021

Amazing ski-in, ski-out hotel with incredible amenities. Staff is friendly and welcoming. Food is spectacular and included in room rate. Indoor and outdoor hot tubs, dry sauna, steam sauna. Well-appointed rooms.

Date of stay: December 2021
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2021

We appreciate your accolades and strive to provide the kind of service, amenities, and meals you describe as being spectacular. Guests like yourself could not be more wonderful to serve. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to have you back again soon.
Warmly,

Reviewed December 17, 2021

I woke up on a beautiful Saturday morning in CA and a friend had sent me a general snapshot of the storm(s) being predicted in the Pacific Northwest. I thought, “It’s been three years?! Need to ski. No time to plan something w/ others. I’m just going.”

After some quick searches I finally landed on Utah - more specifically, The Rustler Lodge. Ski in / ski out is really the only thing that I was looking for. I called to book (I prefer that - it always helps me get a better feel for places that I have not visited). Kate picked up the phone - then patiently listened as I asked question after question to make sure that all of the logistics were going to work. She then took the time to answer every one of them and explained the routine at the lodge. In between questions and answers she was also offering me bits of information about Alta and more specifically, the skiing. I was sold. My flight was to arrive at 9:30am the next morning, I was using the shuttle service recommended by the lodge and when I arrived everything was in place. I was checked in, had lunch (the food is FANTASTIC!), had demo skis fitted and was ready to ski just before 1pm. After getting in a few hours of skiing I headed back to the lodge. This place really has it all down!

Routine : Amazing breakfast. Ski. Find a hut for water and a cookie / apple / lunch. Ski. Ski. Hut. Lodge. Steam/sauna. Always seems to be fresh food and baked goods in the lobby. Many other amenities. Four course meal that was lights out each night. Bed. Repeat. Oh, and stretching / yoga in the morning…if you like.

I met, dined and skied with people throughout the course of the week that had been retuning to Rustler year after year for 10, 15, 40 plus years. I am in love with this place. It is very rustic but still offers luxury at the same time. It should come as no surprise that starting on Tuesday evening my stay kept getting extended - I couldn’t leave. I finally folded and committed to an actual flight home on Friday. Rustler Lodge nails every aspect of a true ski vacation and I cannot wait to come back and introduce people to this type of ski getaway. Just go!

Trip type: Traveled solo

We're so happy you were able to escape on a last minute trip to stay with us. Your resounding praise is music to our ears. I'm so grateful Kate was her marvelous self in helping you choose to stay here at our Lodge. We can't wait to welcome you back. Thank you!

Reviewed December 13, 2021 via mobile

I see many reviews of the Rustler like our review- families that return year after year starting “before kids” and continuing through ski school, teen, college, and career years. Now we are able to return in early season or off season as retirees. Soon we get to bring our first grandchild to start the process again!
We are happy to report that the Rustler continues to recruit excellent young staff and retain wonderful seasoned staff. They continuously renovate the rooms so nothing gets old yet they retain the cherished “lodge” as we have known it. The pool, saunas, spa, game arcade, ping-pong table are all updated. The WiFi is very consistent and vey fast.

There are no bad rooms - a few are on the up mountain side probably with minimal views, but most are full Mountain View. We like the Wasatch rooms with balcony over the ski-in/out area best when the kids were with us. More romantic are the Alpenglow rooms. The Albion rooms are great if you want your teen to have some private space.

We enjoy the included breakfast and dinner meals. They were many friendly servers taking care of the guests. We were also very happy when the Rustler informed us that all their staff was vaccinated and all guest must also be fully vaccinated.

We have stayed at Snowbird, Peruvian, Alta Lodge, and SnowPine Lodge. The Rustler has our return business hands down!

Room tip: Take the shuttle from airport to Alta - not a car.
Trip type: Traveled with family
Sheridan Davis, Guest Services / Front Office at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2021

Nothing could delight all of us at the Rustler more than your thorough and complimentary review. Thank you! Our staff is our special sauce, but our guests are the whipped cream with the cherry on top. Thank you for making our jobs a delight. We look forward to your swift return and thank you for sending all of the snow. With warm wishes for a lovely holiday season,