Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andy H

Ski-cation

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 18, 2021
Amazing ski-in, ski-out hotel with incredible amenities. Staff is friendly and welcoming. Food is spectacular and included in room rate. Indoor and outdoor hot tubs, dry sauna, steam sauna. Well-appointed rooms.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this review
Responded Dec 19, 2021
We appreciate your accolades and strive to provide the kind of service, amenities, and meals you describe as being spectacular. Guests like yourself could not be more wonderful to serve. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to have you back again soon.
Warmly,
    • Lol.travel
      $301
    7.5 miles from Alta's Rustler Lodge
    View more hotels in Alta
    All reviews steam room ski shop the outdoor heated pool top notch stretch class ski vacation breakfast and dinner dining room year after year morning stretch place to stay cottonwood canyon great food mountain view eagles nest next year the entire staff
    Selected filters
    Reviewed December 17, 2021

I woke up on a beautiful Saturday morning in CA and a friend had sent me a general snapshot of the storm(s) being predicted in the Pacific Northwest. I thought, “It’s been three years?! Need to ski. No time to plan something w/ others. I’m just going.”

After some quick searches I finally landed on Utah - more specifically, The Rustler Lodge. Ski in / ski out is really the only thing that I was looking for. I called to book (I prefer that - it always helps me get a better feel for places that I have not visited). Kate picked up the phone - then patiently listened as I asked question after question to make sure that all of the logistics were going to work. She then took the time to answer every one of them and explained the routine at the lodge. In between questions and answers she was also offering me bits of information about Alta and more specifically, the skiing. I was sold. My flight was to arrive at 9:30am the next morning, I was using the shuttle service recommended by the lodge and when I arrived everything was in place. I was checked in, had lunch (the food is FANTASTIC!), had demo skis fitted and was ready to ski just before 1pm. After getting in a few hours of skiing I headed back to the lodge. This place really has it all down!

Routine : Amazing breakfast. Ski. Find a hut for water and a cookie / apple / lunch. Ski. Ski. Hut. Lodge. Steam/sauna. Always seems to be fresh food and baked goods in the lobby. Many other amenities. Four course meal that was lights out each night. Bed. Repeat. Oh, and stretching / yoga in the morning…if you like.

I met, dined and skied with people throughout the course of the week that had been retuning to Rustler year after year for 10, 15, 40 plus years. I am in love with this place. It is very rustic but still offers luxury at the same time. It should come as no surprise that starting on Tuesday evening my stay kept getting extended - I couldn’t leave. I finally folded and committed to an actual flight home on Friday. Rustler Lodge nails every aspect of a true ski vacation and I cannot wait to come back and introduce people to this type of ski getaway. Just go!

Trip type: Traveled solo
    Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2021

We're so happy you were able to escape on a last minute trip to stay with us. Your resounding praise is music to our ears. I'm so grateful Kate was her marvelous self in helping you choose to stay here at our Lodge. We can't wait to welcome you back. Thank you!

Reviewed December 13, 2021 via mobile

I see many reviews of the Rustler like our review- families that return year after year starting “before kids” and continuing through ski school, teen, college, and career years. Now we are able to return in early season or off season as retirees. Soon we get to bring our first grandchild to start the process again!
    We are happy to report that the Rustler continues to recruit excellent young staff and retain wonderful seasoned staff. They continuously renovate the rooms so nothing gets old yet they retain the cherished “lodge” as we have known it. The pool, saunas, spa, game arcade, ping-pong table are all updated. The WiFi is very consistent and vey fast.

There are no bad rooms - a few are on the up mountain side probably with minimal views, but most are full Mountain View. We like the Wasatch rooms with balcony over the ski-in/out area best when the kids were with us. More romantic are the Alpenglow rooms. The Albion rooms are great if you want your teen to have some private space.

We enjoy the included breakfast and dinner meals. They were many friendly servers taking care of the guests. We were also very happy when the Rustler informed us that all their staff was vaccinated and all guest must also be fully vaccinated.

We have stayed at Snowbird, Peruvian, Alta Lodge, and SnowPine Lodge. The Rustler has our return business hands down!

Room tip: Take the shuttle from airport to Alta - not a car.
    Trip type: Traveled with family
    Sheridan Davis, Guest Services / Front Office at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2021

Nothing could delight all of us at the Rustler more than your thorough and complimentary review. Thank you! Our staff is our special sauce, but our guests are the whipped cream with the cherry on top. Thank you for making our jobs a delight. We look forward to your swift return and thank you for sending all of the snow. With warm wishes for a lovely holiday season,

Reviewed April 12, 2021

The Rustler, simply put, is the perfect spot for total relaxation! While our family has been going to the Rustler for over 20 years during Christmas, a last minute post vaccine trip was even more remarkable. Their COVID19 safety protocols were of the same excellent quality as the food, staff, and ambience. We felt safe and comfortable at all times. The wipes in the elevators were a nice addition and made touching buttons stress-free.
    The Rustler is a totally stress-free experience and the staff always succeeds in exceeding your expectations! They even know what you want before you do. They always deliver!
    Thanks to Kate. Meg, Tom, Tauni, Rachael, Sheridan, Vicky, John, Paul and Seth-to name only a few of the outstanding people that contribute daily to making you feel "at home" at the Rustler.
    See you in eight months!!

1  Thank A9027LUstevenk
    Sheridan Davis, Guest Services / Front Office at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2021

Dear Steve:

We're not transcendent, you're transcendent! Thank you for your lovely review but more importantly, your consistent stays with your extended family for decades. Your kind, specific compliments are most appreciated. Though we're at the end of a ski season like no other, we are looking forward to our next, and you all are an essential part of the Rustler family we are delighted to see year over year. Have a wonderful summer and thank you for your lovely review. On behalf of all of us here, be well and think snow! Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed April 11, 2021

The Rustler is my happy place! My family and I have visited for twenty-five consecutive years, and it has never gotten old. Each staff member, from those who light the fires and clear away the “Apres Ski” dishes to the general managers, does their utmost to make every guest feel as comfortable as possible. The guest rooms and public areas could not be cleaner (pre-pandemic as well as during COVID-19), the food is superb and plentiful, and the overall atmosphere is one of fun and relaxation. The ski in/ski out location can’t be beat, and the ride to and from the airport is quick. In short — Alta’s Rustler Lodge — its facilities, its staff, its location — is a bit of heaven on earth!

Date of stay: April 2021
    Sheridan Davis, Guest Services / Front Office at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2021

Dear Kathy,
    I read your review with a large smile on my face remembering many delightful aspects of your recent stay. It is an honor to host your family for so many years and grow to know you all a bit--including the youngest generation! Thank you for choosing the Rustler for your family's home base here in Alta. Guests like you make our work "a bit of heaven on earth" and we look forward to your swift return next season. Have a wonderful summer! Warmly, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed April 11, 2021

We've been coming to the Rustler every Christmas for the last 20+ years. It is truly our home away from home. The customer service is exceptional, and every single year, the whole staff makes us feel like family. The Rustler has the most magical energy, and we've made some of our closest friends at the lodge -- folks who also come back year after year, and who we now meet up with all over the world.

One of the things I look forward to the most is the food. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all excellent (though if I had to choose, I think breakfast is my favorite -- the buffet is truly drool-worthy). The staff is so flexible and makes a concerted effort to meet every single need during each meal.

All of the amenities are so luxurious -- the pool. hot tubs, sauna, steam room, spa (the best massages!!), the ski shop, the ease of ski in/ski out, etc. -- and make for a wonderful, EASY vacation. Everything is right there.

We traveled back to the Rustler this April during COVID (after having missed our usual December trip due to the virus), and we were all blown away by their COVID-related precautions. The lodge felt safe and comfortable, and the precautions were in place without sacrificing any of the luxury.

We're already counting the days until we return in December! Thanks to Kate, Tom, Meg, Rachel, Tauni, John, Vicky, Sheridan, Paul, and the whole crew for everything, as always!

Date of stay: April 2021

Alexandra, thank you for your glowing review and mention of so many of us who look forward to your extended family's visits every year. It is an honor to come to know the next generation of your family, and your kindness and appreciation are part of what makes the Rustler have "magical energy". I am convinced that we have the canyon's very best guests. Thank you for being part of the culture that helps set us apart and makes our work a joy. Be well, have a wonderful summer, and we all can't wait to see you again when the snow flies in December. With warm regards, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge