Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews steam room ski shop top notch breakfast and dinner ski vacation the heated outdoor pool year after year dining room place to stay cottonwood canyon great food next year mountain view rooms are spacious in house customer service is hot tub
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2021

We've been coming to the Rustler every Christmas for the last 20+ years. It is truly our home away from home. The customer service is exceptional, and every single year, the whole staff makes us feel like family. The Rustler has the most magical energy, and we've made some of our closest friends at the lodge -- folks who also come back year after year, and who we now meet up with all over the world.

One of the things I look forward to the most is the food. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all excellent (though if I had to choose, I think breakfast is my favorite -- the buffet is truly drool-worthy). The staff is so flexible and makes a concerted effort to meet every single need during each meal.

All of the amenities are so luxurious -- the pool. hot tubs, sauna, steam room, spa (the best massages!!), the ski shop, the ease of ski in/ski out, etc. -- and make for a wonderful, EASY vacation. Everything is right there.

We traveled back to the Rustler this April during COVID (after having missed our usual December trip due to the virus), and we were all blown away by their COVID-related precautions. The lodge felt safe and comfortable, and the precautions were in place without sacrificing any of the luxury.

We're already counting the days until we return in December! Thanks to Kate, Tom, Meg, Rachel, Tauni, John, Vicky, Sheridan, Paul, and the whole crew for everything, as always!

Date of stay: April 2021
Sheridan Davis, Guest Services / Front Office at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2021

Alexandra, thank you for your glowing review and mention of so many of us who look forward to your extended family's visits every year. It is an honor to come to know the next generation of your family, and your kindness and appreciation are part of what makes the Rustler have "magical energy". I am convinced that we have the canyon's very best guests. Thank you for being part of the culture that helps set us apart and makes our work a joy. Be well, have a wonderful summer, and we all can't wait to see you again when the snow flies in December. With warm regards, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed April 7, 2021

Just returned fron my first stay at the Rustler Lodge. Could not have been better. The check in process was the most efficient I have ever experienced. From pulling in the parking lot to on the slopes in 45 mins. Every single moment was perfect. Cecret room was great for myself and my son. Basic, but it is a lodge. Location and ammenities are great. The food was fantastic. If you have a request, they will meet it.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Tom F

Tom F, thank you for choosing to stay with us for what I hope will be the first of many visits with your son. Our Cecret rooms are some of my favorite at the Rustler, as their balconies and location place you closer to the slopes than any other rooms in Alta. We could not hope for higher praise than hearing "every single moment was perfect" during your visit. Thank you. It is our goal that the Rustler becomes your home away from home when you choose to visit Alta. Looking forward to your next stay. Warmly, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed April 1, 2021

Stayed last week of Feb. Got a very expensive corner room for myself. First night, children in the hallway: moved me to a better (higher floor) room the next day. The staff was EXCELLENT. Here's your lift ticket, sir; your skis are ready in the onsite ski shop, sir. The food was first-class -- especially for a ski lodge; booze, reasonable. Place was clean! (but it always has been). Pool/hot-tub practically deserted -- perfect. Never a problem or a hassle. Second time staying there. The "only" place to stay at Alta/Snowbird (have also stayed at The Cliff and various Snowbird condos -- since 74'). It has been rare to find a place that exceeds expectations -- for the price -- after 40 years of travel.

Room tip: Rm 710, 810 corner, end of hall: quiet.
Date of stay: February 2021

Thank you for your gracious review. I am so pleased you found our staff to be EXCELLENT- and I agree! And our Chef's and kitchen's skills are a particular highlight during this season like no other. Nothing could make me happier than hearing that we exceeded your expectation and provide a high value given your extensive travel experience. I would like to offer a sincere thank you on behalf of all of us at the Rustler, and we look forward to your next stay with us. Warmly, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed February 28, 2021 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Rustler for our first time this weekend. The skiing was amazing, the location on mountain was to die for, and the food was terrific. What really sealed it for us was the management going above and beyond for us. I forgot my ID in the room after checking out and only realized it when we were pulling into the airport. The manager arranged to have an employee run the wallet down to the mouth of the canyon and pass it off to an Alta Shuttles driver who brought it to us at the airport. We even made our flight. What an amazing team, thank you and will be booking another trip next winter for sure.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2021

Dear markmG6025FW:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Rustler for the first time, and for your compliments regarding our great skiing, location and food. I'm so pleased that we were able to return your ID to you in time for you to make your flight. Teamwork makes the dream work! Looking forward to your swift return, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed February 20, 2021

We have been staying at the Rustler since 2008- largely because the staff builds a tremendous sense of community and attracts guests who care about family, people, and simply skiing because you love it. I was afraid this year that the experience wouldn't be the same due to COVID and that COVID precautions would mean the loss of the sense of community. I was wrong. The Rustler team was able to put precautions in place so people felt safe while at the same time not losing any of the kindness and people interaction we all so crave! We felt cared for, recognized, and simply at home, like we always do! Highly recommend. Once you stay at the Rustler, you won't go anywhere else!

Date of stay: February 2021
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2021

Thank you for choosing to stay with us year over year, and for praising the Rustler culture of hospitality that keeps you coming back. We all need more kindness and human interaction these days, so reading you review is an additional reward after having the pleasure of your company while you were here staying with us. Thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to having you back at your home away from home while you are here in Alta. Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge