Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews steam room ski shop top notch breakfast and dinner ski vacation the heated outdoor pool year after year dining room place to stay cottonwood canyon great food next year mountain view rooms are spacious in house customer service is hot tub
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2021

I live in Hawaii on an island with basically no COVID and was very hesitant about taking a ski trip to the mainland. However, given my 20-year relationship with and trust in managers Tom and Kate at Alta's Rustler Lodge and their high-level precautionary COVID protocols laid out for the season, we went for it.

I'm so glad we did. Masks were worn by guests and staff at all times, social distancing was practiced, there were daily temperature checks at breakfast and every aspect of our experience there was as comfortable and safe as it could have been. We did room service our first night as we were easing into the notion of being in a hotel, but then opted for the dining area for the remainder of our stay after seeing just how well run the whole operation was.

I could gush on endlessly about our time there, but will end with my gratitude for the efforts of the entire staff (and fellow guests!) in creating a safe environment during these unusual times.

Bonus: it snowed 3ft in 3 days and we had some epic skiing!

Date of stay: February 2021
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2021

Dear Clarkybar:
I am so glad that your long tenure at the Rustler and your trust in Tom and Kate as managers led you to stay with us during one of the most epic weeks of snowfall we've had in some time. Thank you for your positive, detailed review, but most importantly, for returning for two decades to stay at the Rustler. Looking forward to your next visit, especially if you bring another three feet of snow in your wake! Warmly, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed February 16, 2021

After a year of coming in and out of the COVID lockdowns in NM, I decided to venture out and take my first flight to SLC in over a year to return to the Rustler Lodge. I was hesitant at first after experiencing various interpretations of safety protocols in my home state and a couple of road trips to CO. Armed with N95's and multiple forms of sanitizer, I boarded the flight to SLC. I wanted to Ski! The flight was easy and the blocked seating protocol Delta utilized was effective.

As for the Rustler, there is nothing more reassuring than knowing that the seasoned and experienced management team that has been there since my first visit in 1992 is still there. With Tom at the helm, Kate at the front desk, Tauni in reservations, John at the Bar, Meg in the Dining Room, and Chef Ed preparing the most incredible food daily, this team knows how to ensure the perfect guest experience. Much of the amazing team has been there 10+ years and the place operates like a well-oiled machine.

Never has it ever been as important to have an experienced and organized united front than in the face of the current COVID Pandemic. Guest Safety is clearly a priority. From the moment I walked through the doors, I was impressed by the strict protocol that is adhered to by the entire team. Temperature and Pulse Oximeter readings are taken for every guest that walks through the front door. Prior to every meal, an additional temperature reading is taken for every guest. Every time I walk through the common areas I have found someone on the very attentive team wiping down, sanitizing, and cleaning surfaces, tables, and chairs. Quite frankly the place feels cleaner and more sanitized than any hospital waiting room I've been in.

Complimentary room service is available should you not want to venture into the common areas. While the Sauna and Steam rooms are closed the outdoor heated pool and outdoor hot tub are fantastic and with max numbers set allow for a safe soak at the end of the ski day.

After talking with Tom and Kate I learned that they are staying below 60% occupancy, have an entire floor of rooms dedicated to anyone that shows a hint of a symptom, and have rapid testing on site.

As for Alta LIfts, they too have it together. Signs are everywhere and if your nostrils are showing when you approach the lift you will be asked to fully mask up. In the past 6 days, I never saw one issue, one complaint, or one naysayer try to challenge the policy. It is clear that there is a unified front here in Little Cottonwood Canyon to ensure that everyone stays safe and that the mountain and lodges can stay open.

Pleasantly surprised and grateful for booking my trip to Alta's Rustler Lodge. Highly Recommended!

Room tip: pick your preference for your bed, enjoy the amazing location, amenities, and exceptional food!
Date of stay: February 2021

Dear Shasheen, it is always wonderful to see a familiar face back at the Rustler, and it is an additional delight to read your highly complimentary review regarding our Covid-19 safety policies and praise of our most tenured management staff. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Looking forward to having you back at your Alta home, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed February 14, 2021

My wife and I recently spent 5 nights at the Rustler for a skiing vacation. We cannot say enough great things about our experience. The room was spacious, comfortable, homey and clean. The bathroom was large, very clean and had great water pressure. Even the soaps/shampoos/lotions were memorable. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and courteous. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had a positive experience. Even more kudos to the dining room! The food was fantastic, especially the 4 course dinner. The homemade soups and breads were extra memorable. An extra shout out to Vicky, one of the dining room managers. Every time she was working she came by our table to chat, make sure we were satisfied, and just assure we were having the best meal possible. Also, on the first day I had to go over to the Alta ticket office to pick up our lift tickets. It was snowing heavily and the shuttle driver was kind enough to take me there, wait until I completed my business, and bring me right back. The staff were VERY conscientious about COVID protection policies. The hotel is right on the ski slopes of Alta for an easy ski in/ski out experience. Also, the lodge had a Powder House Ski Shop on the premises. This was the 3rd season my wife had been looking for new skies. Up to this trip she hadn't been able to find a pair she liked enough to purchase and had become frustrated and confused by all the choices and technical talk of the sales people. The staff here was incredibly helpful and able to talk with us in easy to understand terms. A couple of days and she found skies she really liked. They even gave her the option of buying the demo pair at a big discount if she so chose.

We could not of been happier with our stay. We will be going back to The Rustler Lodge and looking forward to our return trip. Don't miss out!

Date of stay: January 2021
Jeff Anderson, Owner at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2021

Thank you so much for your review. I was so delighted that you had a great trip to the Rustler. I just love hearing from people that that feel the same as the management and I do about the place. And, to be sure, I will pass your kind words onto Vicki.

Thanks
Jeff Anderson
Owner
Thanks

Reviewed December 15, 2020

Rustler Lodge is a great place to stay in Alta. Facilities are great, dining even better. Rooms are comfortable, clean, and well appointed for serious skiers. Ski-out, ski-in convenience. Great covid protocols to protectc guests and staff.

Date of stay: December 2020
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2021

We so appreciate you joining us for your early season warm up, and thank you for your compliments of our rooms, ski access, and safety. Hoping to have you join us as soon as you can get away for more pampering. With warm regards and a reminder to think snow, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed March 12, 2020

2nd year staying at the Rustler and already can't wait till next year! Super convenient ski-in ski-out , small but ample ski shop on premises, comfortable accomodations (the room and bathroom has great storage), great food (so much food! The breakfast is outstanding), but what really makes it is all the little thoughtful touches (boot warmers in the closet!) and the staff that treat you like family (family they like, that is!) ... it's more like staying in an intimate family ski lodge than a hotel. Its not super-extreme-lux like what you can get in Aspen or Jackson Hole , there's no pretention, but for our family thats what makes it great and will keep us coming back. It's literally perfect !

One small suggestion/idea - given the whole 'robe scene' happening , child size robes for the kids would be a nice touch !

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank LaurenDell
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2020

Thank you LaurenDell for a literally perfect review. We hope to welcome you back to your Rustler family this season. Your appreciation of our Lodge and articulation of what makes us unique makes us very humble. Be well, stay safe, and THINK SNOW!

Warmly,