Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews steam room ski shop top notch breakfast and dinner ski vacation the heated outdoor pool year after year dining room place to stay cottonwood canyon great food next year mountain view rooms are spacious in house customer service is hot tub
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2021

My wife and I recently spent 5 nights at the Rustler for a skiing vacation. We cannot say enough great things about our experience. The room was spacious, comfortable, homey and clean. The bathroom was large, very clean and had great water pressure. Even the soaps/shampoos/lotions were memorable. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and courteous. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had a positive experience. Even more kudos to the dining room! The food was fantastic, especially the 4 course dinner. The homemade soups and breads were extra memorable. An extra shout out to Vicky, one of the dining room managers. Every time she was working she came by our table to chat, make sure we were satisfied, and just assure we were having the best meal possible. Also, on the first day I had to go over to the Alta ticket office to pick up our lift tickets. It was snowing heavily and the shuttle driver was kind enough to take me there, wait until I completed my business, and bring me right back. The staff were VERY conscientious about COVID protection policies. The hotel is right on the ski slopes of Alta for an easy ski in/ski out experience. Also, the lodge had a Powder House Ski Shop on the premises. This was the 3rd season my wife had been looking for new skies. Up to this trip she hadn't been able to find a pair she liked enough to purchase and had become frustrated and confused by all the choices and technical talk of the sales people. The staff here was incredibly helpful and able to talk with us in easy to understand terms. A couple of days and she found skies she really liked. They even gave her the option of buying the demo pair at a big discount if she so chose.

We could not of been happier with our stay. We will be going back to The Rustler Lodge and looking forward to our return trip. Don't miss out!

Date of stay: January 2021
Jeff Anderson, Owner at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2021

Thank you so much for your review. I was so delighted that you had a great trip to the Rustler. I just love hearing from people that that feel the same as the management and I do about the place. And, to be sure, I will pass your kind words onto Vicki.

Thanks
Jeff Anderson
Owner
Thanks

Reviewed December 15, 2020

Rustler Lodge is a great place to stay in Alta. Facilities are great, dining even better. Rooms are comfortable, clean, and well appointed for serious skiers. Ski-out, ski-in convenience. Great covid protocols to protectc guests and staff.

Date of stay: December 2020
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2021

We so appreciate you joining us for your early season warm up, and thank you for your compliments of our rooms, ski access, and safety. Hoping to have you join us as soon as you can get away for more pampering. With warm regards and a reminder to think snow, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager, Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed March 12, 2020

2nd year staying at the Rustler and already can't wait till next year! Super convenient ski-in ski-out , small but ample ski shop on premises, comfortable accomodations (the room and bathroom has great storage), great food (so much food! The breakfast is outstanding), but what really makes it is all the little thoughtful touches (boot warmers in the closet!) and the staff that treat you like family (family they like, that is!) ... it's more like staying in an intimate family ski lodge than a hotel. Its not super-extreme-lux like what you can get in Aspen or Jackson Hole , there's no pretention, but for our family thats what makes it great and will keep us coming back. It's literally perfect !

One small suggestion/idea - given the whole 'robe scene' happening , child size robes for the kids would be a nice touch !

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank LaurenDell
Sheridan Davis, Other at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2020

Thank you LaurenDell for a literally perfect review. We hope to welcome you back to your Rustler family this season. Your appreciation of our Lodge and articulation of what makes us unique makes us very humble. Be well, stay safe, and THINK SNOW!

Warmly,

Sheridan Davis
Assistant Manager

Reviewed February 9, 2020

Ok sure, it's a fabulous facility with a great location nestled up against one of America's most outstanding ski areas....but what makes this operation such a pleasure to visit is the incredible staff that they somehow manage to put together year after year. What a team.

Date of stay: February 2020
SheridanDavis, Assistant Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2020

Thank you for being part of our Rustler family for all of these years. You help make the Rustler the unique and special place we all cherish.

Reviewed January 25, 2020

I planned at the last minute to take this trip to Alta. The hotel staff was excellent , warm and accomodating. The included breakfast was excellent.
Included meals were not disappointing and the selection were more than adequate.
I found the hotel staff friendly and easy to talk to. Shuttle trips to airport as planned . No glitches. Location was excellent and it was very easy to ski and relax without any hassles.
I defintely will return if and when I can.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank A3627EGsalvatorec
SheridanDavis, Assistant Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2020

I'm so glad your last minute trip brought you to the Rustler. It is always our hope that new guests turn into returning guests who become part of our Rustler family. Thank you for your complimentary review, and please come back to stay with us as soon as you can!