All reviews steam room ski shop breakfast and dinner ski vacation chair lift top notch stretch class outdoor pool year after year dining room great food cottonwood canyon room includes next year the entire staff mountain view exceeded expectations
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at Rustler lodge in room 506
The staff were very welcoming on arrival and the room on level 5 was handy as it was close to the restaurant, bar, lounge and ski hire and lockers
The location was also great. Breakfast and dinner are included and pre-dinner appetisers are also offered on several nights in the bar
We were also offered the opportunity to dine at a table with the manager and some other guests which was a nice idea if you wish to meet others.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SheridanDavis, Assistant Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2019

We're delighted you joined our long-running Rustler Lodge tradition of the Wasatch Table, a hosted dinner giving guests the opportunity to learn more about Rustler history and share skiing stories. Our modified American plan for dining is a luxurious and relaxed way to maximize your ski holiday. No scramble to book dinner reservations weeks in advance or cook for a large crew of people after what should be a joyous and exhausting day on the snow. Though biased, I believe our gourmet four course meals are a highlight of any Rustler stay.

We are so glad you found your fifth floor room convenient. Thank you for your compliments.

Cordially,

Reviewed January 17, 2019

I just returned home from three nights at the Rustler with a friend for a ski weekend at Alta. I loved the food, the service, the vibe, and the slope-side location can't be beat.

My friend and I shared a room to keep costs down. Our room was in the back and super quiet. I slept like a log. The room was huge, nicely furnished, well-kept and clean.

We ate breakfast and dinner each day in the dining room, and the food was excellent (those meals are included). They have a buffet breakfast with an omelette station. For dinner they serve a four-course menu, starting with soup and salad, an entree and dessert (I'm not a big dessert person but I couldn't pass up the lavender cheese cake). For my entree I had trout one night and salmon another night. The menu is extensive, and there are a lot of healthy choices. The view from the dining room is breathtaking. On our first night we arrived late, around 11 pm, and the staff had sandwiches waiting for us, a nice touch.

The staff is super friendly and helpful. I loved the pool and hot tub overlooking the mountain - it's pretty social in the early evening. The Rustler provides plush bathrobes in the room for guests to stay warm at the pool. I briefly used the exercise room to stretch a bit. It's outfitted with weights and machines. (They have an early morning stretch class on the 7th floor that I didn't attend, but would on my next visit.)

What else? We spent lots of time in the cozy bar, which has a dramatic mountain view. Great place to read by the fire. The bartender, John, is super friendly. I ended up renting skis in the shop inside the hotel, a nice convenience. They also sell gear. There are lockers to store skis on the level of the hotel with access to the slopes, and boot warmers in the room. A small chairlift carries guests right to the Rustler. I didn't notice a lot kids during my stay, but I look forward to going back with my 13-year-old who skis.

Room tip: My room in the back was very quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank nycskis

Thank you for your comprehensive and complimentary review! We look forward to hosting you again when you can bring your teenager out to ski. Conditions are terrific right now and we can't wait to have you back to stay with us.

Thank you for writing such a lovely review.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2019

Ill be honest, I was a little hesitant to book this hotel given the steep prices here. Based on the pictures I saw online, I couldn't see what justified the high cost of the rooms. But I'm so glad I decided to stay at Alta's Rustler Lodge. From the service to the food to the amenities, all exceeded my expectations. I stayed in a Deluxe King Wasatch Room w/balcony, it was spacious and had a comfortable bed and nice seating area. The bathroom was a bit small, but was nicely appointed and had an extra sink.

The food was fantastic and included in the price of the room. The staff was warm and welcoming. There's also a super convenient ski/rental shop inside the hotel. It was my first time to Alta and I would definitely return! Thanks Rustler Lodge for a wonderful stay.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

We thank you for your wonderful review and appreciate your honesty. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations so it is a nice confirmation to read about your experience. Looking forward to your next stay here at the Rustler,

Reviewed August 7, 2018

nd skiing is spectacular either at Alta or the next door Snow Bird resorts.What a lovely setting facing the Alta Ski Resort and sitting right at the edge of the Road leading up to the Mountain, sitting at an elevation of 8000+ft! It is one of the greatest venues where you can book a private wedding and have all the guests stay at the lodge and enjoy once in a life time event. That's what memories are made of to last several generations. Nearby hikes in the Wasatch Mountains with stunning views and wild flowers in Alpine meadows are to die for.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Rpfromnapa

Though it is always nice to receive accolades, I believe you have mistaken the Rustler for another lodge here in Alta as we have not been open in the summertime for several years.

In every other regard, your review is completely accurate!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2018

How many Five Star Reviews can you have? As many as you deserve. Lots of places rent rooms, very few do it as well as the Rustler. It's the staff they are the best. Smile on their face song in their heart, Love this place! See you in Feb.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
RustlerLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Your review gives me a smile on my face and song in my heart! Thank you! Alta and the Rustler are not for everyone, but for those who get it, we're a wonderful home away from home in arguably the best mountain range for skiing in the world. Thanks for singing our praises and we'll be delighted to welcome you back in February. Warm regards and think snow, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager