All reviews steam room ski shop breakfast and dinner ski vacation chair lift top notch stretch class outdoor pool year after year dining room great food cottonwood canyon room includes next year the entire staff mountain view exceeded expectations
Reviewed January 14, 2019

Ill be honest, I was a little hesitant to book this hotel given the steep prices here. Based on the pictures I saw online, I couldn't see what justified the high cost of the rooms. But I'm so glad I decided to stay at Alta's Rustler Lodge. From the service to the food to the amenities, all exceeded my expectations. I stayed in a Deluxe King Wasatch Room w/balcony, it was spacious and had a comfortable bed and nice seating area. The bathroom was a bit small, but was nicely appointed and had an extra sink.

The food was fantastic and included in the price of the room. The staff was warm and welcoming. There's also a super convenient ski/rental shop inside the hotel. It was my first time to Alta and I would definitely return! Thanks Rustler Lodge for a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
SheridanDavis, Assistant Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2019

We thank you for your wonderful review and appreciate your honesty. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations so it is a nice confirmation to read about your experience. Looking forward to your next stay here at the Rustler,

Sheridan Davis
Assistant Manager
Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed August 7, 2018

nd skiing is spectacular either at Alta or the next door Snow Bird resorts.What a lovely setting facing the Alta Ski Resort and sitting right at the edge of the Road leading up to the Mountain, sitting at an elevation of 8000+ft! It is one of the greatest venues where you can book a private wedding and have all the guests stay at the lodge and enjoy once in a life time event. That's what memories are made of to last several generations. Nearby hikes in the Wasatch Mountains with stunning views and wild flowers in Alpine meadows are to die for.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Rpfromnapa

Though it is always nice to receive accolades, I believe you have mistaken the Rustler for another lodge here in Alta as we have not been open in the summertime for several years.

In every other regard, your review is completely accurate!

Kind regards,

Sheridan Davis
Assistant Manager
Alta's Rustler Lodge

Reviewed April 11, 2018

How many Five Star Reviews can you have? As many as you deserve. Lots of places rent rooms, very few do it as well as the Rustler. It's the staff they are the best. Smile on their face song in their heart, Love this place! See you in Feb.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
RustlerLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Your review gives me a smile on my face and song in my heart! Thank you! Alta and the Rustler are not for everyone, but for those who get it, we're a wonderful home away from home in arguably the best mountain range for skiing in the world. Thanks for singing our praises and we'll be delighted to welcome you back in February. Warm regards and think snow, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Four years ago, I wrote a review stating emphatically something I had known for years: The Rustler is unquestionably the best lodging experience to be had in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Well, it still is! In fact, it offers the best lodging experience we ever have in the world of skiing — and we have skied in many, many places over the years.

At first blush, the all-in price for a week at the Rustler may appear high, but once you assign a value to the incredible meals (breakfast and dinner) included in the price, it can qualify as bargain. I can’t speak for all the rooms, as there are a number of different types of rooms. However, if you don’t feel you have to have a “view” from your room, the Superior North rooms that we’ve stayed in on our last three visits are fantastic. They are large, beautifully furnished and, above all, exceedingly well lighted (a rarity in today’s hotels). Oh yes, the service at the Rustler is also impeccable.

Finally, both Alta and Snowbird offer some of the world’s best skiing, but if, like us, you rather prefer Snowbird, no problem. You can easily ski both from the Rustler. If you don’t want to buy a combined ticket to ski from one to the other, the Rustler has a shuttle that will take you to Snowbird and pick you up at the end of the day.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RustlerLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Ronald, returning guests like yourself are what makes the culture of the Rustler so special. Thank you for your accolades, and most of all, for voting with your skis by returning to stay with us year after year. Think snow! Looking forward to hosting you again next season, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

The absolute best proactive, thoughtful, service oriented staff on the planet. Also being located at the base of the best skiing mountain on the planet helps.

Our flight was delayed slightly and we were barely going to miss dinner. I got a call from the front desk person saying they noticed we probably were going to arrive after the kitchen closes asking what they could set aside for us. That it proactive, thoughtful service and very much appreciated!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RustlerLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Wow! Thank you! Your high praise is very appreciated! We love our location and the geography of Little Cottonwood, and cannot thank you enough for your compliments. Looking forward to your return to the Rustler, your home here in Alta. Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager