All reviews steam room ski shop ski vacation breakfast and dinner top notch year after year outdoor pool cottonwood canyon dining room great food room includes next year end of the day hot tub four seasons deer valley world class
Reviewed January 30, 2018

The rooms are okay, but what makes this hotel an amazing experience is the staff. We booked this room late and needed a room that would accommodate 4 women. Tauni Powers who is the reservation manager was able to provide us with a spacious room that really made our trip. We were meeting our friends from Australia who were also a party of four and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful stay. The price of the room includes breakfast and dinner. You are greeted by the staff as if you were visiting their home, they truly want to make sure you are enjoying your stay. From the bellman, front desk, wait staff and housekeeping the customer service was exceptional! The lodge is located on the mountain so it was ski in and ski out. We will definitely come back! Truly lovely stay!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
RustlerLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Thank you! Tauni represents the very best of what Rustler hospitality strives to be. Looking forward to the honor of hosting you again. With kind regards, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2018

This is one of my favorite hotels. The facilities are perfect and staff is very well trained and courteous. It seems to attract courteous guests as well. I first skied Alta in 1979 - I've stayed at every hotel and then a decade ago settled in at The Rustler.

- Alta consistently has the best snow. Even this season the snow is ok and its a lousy year for everyone but Montana.
- The Rustler has its own ski rental/sales shop - no need to leave the premises.
- Great food - I mean really good food, Salmon, Lamb, Filet, a great roasted tomato soup, fresh salads, on and on. Breakfast has fresh berry, an omelet bar and a full kitchen to meet your needs.
- I think that for some of the staff this could be the most consistent training they will ever get. They are all very good and help each other out.
- The rooms can be budget or very nice - what do you want to spend?
- The have what looks to be a very nice SPA, I'm not a SPA guy so I can't say from
experience.

The Rustler literally has everything - no reason to leave.

Room Tip: I've stayed in every room type they are all good and the better ones are priced accordingly
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
RustlerLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

Part of the luxury of staying slopeside in Alta is what you speak to in your review--we strive to provide everything you need here in house. Thank you for your loyalty and praise. Hoping to have you back with us in the near future, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager

Reviewed January 9, 2018

I stayed in Alta many moons ago -- in 1982 -- with my own parents as a teenager, though not at the Rustler. But I never, ever forgot the skiing, the powder snow, and the old-school vibe, which in my opinion is unparalleled in American skiing.

As I recently introduced my almost seven-year old son and wife to the sport, I was looking for a place to stay at Alta and the Rustler couldn't have been more perfect.
It is a totally family friendly, causal vibe with plenty of amenities and wonderful, wholesome food. My family loved the very warm outdoor pool after skiing, the kids' activities, the games area, the bar (not my seven year old!) and the fact that the Rustler is geared towards nothing other than your skiing pleasure, comfort and convenience. Kudos to the wonderful employees. Special mention also to the Powder House ski shop on the property who were helpful sorting out some issues with my personal equipment and also rented my wife some really high-quality gear.

We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: we loved superior corner room with mountain views, recommend getting a room with a view!
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family

Alta is special place and the Rustler plays a part in that. Thank you for speaking to the character of what makes us unique. We're delighted you and your family enjoyed their stay. Looking forward to the honor of having you return soon, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager

Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

Outstanding 5 night stay! Top notch staff and facilities! Waitstaff, front desk, shuttle drivers, managers - all were incredibly friendly, hardworking people who want you to enjoy yourself and have the best vacation possible.

The Rustler dining room even made my husband's birthday celebration extra special - starting with a delightful carrot cake for breakfast (I called ahead to arrange that)

- excellent dining options - both the daily specials and common menu had all types of meat, fish and veggie options.
- daily snacks, teas, & drinks for apres ski
- outstanding outdoor hot tub and pool, sauna, steam room
- bed linens that were heavenly
- clean, clean, clean in all common spaces and rooms
- breaktaking views
- very well stocked ski shop that sends you to the slopes & Back up their own lift to deliver you back at the end of the day.
-morning stretch class in the game room was a perfect start to the day

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends

Thank you! It is an honor to host guests like yourself that note the details and enjoy what we do best--take care of our guests! Looking forward to having you back as soon as you are able! Kind regards, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2017

We've stayed at the Rustler over President's Day week end for the past several years. The experience is always incomparable. Every staff member you interact with is helpful and genuinely friendly. Most guests appear to be families that have been visiting for many years (or decades). The atmosphere is relaxed and casual -- slippers and PJs are not an uncommon sight at breakfast. The food (breakfast and dinner are included) is of superb quality and variety. The wine list is limited, but well-curated and reasonably priced. The common areas are cozy and rustic, with log fires in the dining room and the bar room. The guest rooms are not fancy, but clean and functional (which is fine given the limited waking hours spent there). The spa tract and gym are modern and top notch, offering an outdoor pool and hot tub overlooking the mountain, a steam room, sauna, etc. The location is ski-in/ski-out with a dedicated chair lift to access Alta, and there's a nice ski shop in the basement.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank welltraveled10128

We appreciate your detailed praise and look forward to your swift return. All our best, Sheridan Davis, Assistant Manager