All reviews steam room ski shop ski vacation breakfast and dinner top notch year after year outdoor pool cottonwood canyon dining room great food room includes next year end of the day hot tub four seasons deer valley world class
Reviewed January 11, 2016

I stayed at all of the lodges at Alta and like the Rustler the best. They are very accommodating with our large group of 18-24 guys. The food is great. The rooms are fine. The pre-dinner snacks and bar work out well. The outdoor hot tub and pool are the best. The whole staff is friendly and helpful. It's definitely more expensive than the other lodges but worth it.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends
RustlerLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Your group is wonderful. Thank you for the accolades. Looking forward to the honor of hosting you again for what we hope will be a banner snow year to celebrate our 70th anniversary. With kind regards, Sheridan Davis

Reviewed January 10, 2016

I just got back from an amazing stay at Alta, and booking at Rustler's Lodge was just as important to the experience as the snow. Not only does it manage to pull off a cozy feel, but the service is top-notch, both from the hotel (concierge, housekeeping) and the restaurant waitstaff. I was particularly impressed by the quality (and quantity!) of the meals provided, much better than I've ever experienced from an on-mountain establishment. I've tried to travel around and sample different mountains over the years instead of sticking to just one, but I think I may have to go back to Alta sooner rather than later thanks to my experience at Rustler's Lodge.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple

We hope that you will return sooner rather than later, and appreciate your glowing review. As I write, snow is falling heavily here in Alta. Those of us that love snow appreciate your high praise when ranking your Rustler stay as equivalent in importance to snow quality. Abundant, delicious food is our hallmark and we're glad you relished your meals. Looking forward to a banner season for our 70th anniversary, and hope you may join us to celebrate. Kind regards, Sheridan Davis

Reviewed January 7, 2016

If you are looking for a very comfortable and convenient place to spend a few days or a week skiing, this place has it all. Very nice rooms -- not luxurious as you'd expect at a Four Seasons or Rosewood, but very nicely thought out with lots of nice touches: plenty of storage, comfortable bed, spacious, and they even provide a humidifier to help with the dry air at altitude. Service is extraordinary; the staff is extremely accommodating and will go above and beyond to handle just about any request you might make. The location is perfect for skiing, with a chairlift taking you back to the door at the end of the day, and the ski shop in the lodge is very well equipped, not basic as you might expect in a satellite branch. The people who work at the Rustler love Alta, and love being there, and it shows in the service and their enthusiasm.

The only caveat I would offer, and it is minor, is that at peak periods (during holiday week) they are stretched pretty thin handling a full house of guests. Service in the restaurant can be slow at times, and it can get difficult to make dinner reservations so you get the times you want. Most nights, though, the service and the food was very good; this is really a very minor nit in an otherwise extraordinary experience.

Overall the Rustler is one of my favorite places for a ski trip anywhere, and I've stayed at great places in most of the major Western ski resorts in the US, and resorts in Europe.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Rustler. Our management and staff do love Alta, our lodge, and our guests. We're living the dream, and want to help our guests do the same while staying at what we hope will be their home away from home here at the Rustler.

Thank you for your critique regarding our service levels during high holiday season. We aspire to be "the Canyon's Best" at all times, and will look at how we may exceed our guest's expectations during maximum capacity. I apologize for any challenges in this regard. Your feedback is invaluable and we thank you for it.

This season marks our 70th anniversary. We welcome the opportunity to host you again for what we hope will be a year of abundant snowfall, celebrations and lodging here at the Rustler. With warm regards, Sheridan Davis

Reviewed December 21, 2015

I cannot say enough great things about our most recent stay at the Rustler. Everything exceeded expectations: from the attentive and professional staff, the fantastic skiing, perhaps the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (felt like 6,000+ thread count sheets!), delicious and bountiful food, and super relaxing setting. We will be back again...and again! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank samc801
Reviewed December 20, 2015

Second year in a row and my stay at the Rustler was perfect! Wonderful to return and see the many friendly and very attentive 'can-do' staff. I enjoyed three gourmet meals a day – all very delicious with new items each day. The room was super comfortable and spacious with a terrific view of the mountain. I highly recommend the Rustler.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business