All reviews steam room ski shop ski vacation breakfast and dinner top notch stretch class year after year outdoor pool dining room cottonwood canyon room includes great food mountain view exceeded expectations next year end of the day hot tub
Reviewed December 21, 2015

I cannot say enough great things about our most recent stay at the Rustler. Everything exceeded expectations: from the attentive and professional staff, the fantastic skiing, perhaps the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (felt like 6,000+ thread count sheets!), delicious and bountiful food, and super relaxing setting. We will be back again...and again! Keep up the great work!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank samc801
Reviewed December 20, 2015

Second year in a row and my stay at the Rustler was perfect! Wonderful to return and see the many friendly and very attentive 'can-do' staff. I enjoyed three gourmet meals a day – all very delicious with new items each day. The room was super comfortable and spacious with a terrific view of the mountain. I highly recommend the Rustler.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank SusieAdamant
Reviewed December 8, 2015

While the hotel has the basic look and feel of a ski lodge, it boasts all the amenities of a high end resort. I loved the ski-in/ski-out aspect of the lodge, as well as the delicious food which they were happy to adjust to accommodate my gluten-free allergy.What stood out to me the most was the excellent service. Everyone who worked at the lodge was beyond friendly and willing to go above and beyond to assist us in any way. I also loved the family owned feel of the property. 5 stars for our Rustler experience!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank dessertdarling
Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

This place is one of my favorites now in Utah. Their location is awesome and they have great customer service. This is really excellent for skiing and family winter vacation. Rooms are very comfortable to go with family. Is next to snow bird you can walk and spend all day at the snow mountain having fun. I want to go back. Loved it.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 488alexanderc
Reviewed June 4, 2015

Yes, this is an older property. It has an interesting layout, since newer portions of the lodge and older are joined together, but I can't wait to go back!

First, the Customer Service is exlempary. Anything at all that you need, the staff will do their best to accomodate you. This was a girl ski trip - just a great friend and I trying to find the best sping conditions. Somewhere between Aspen and Alta, my friend's suitcase took the worst beating ever by the airlines. Our first day on the slopes included shopping for a new suitcase/duffel. We found one, on the Snowbird side. We called and asked the Rustler if they could assist in getting the bag back to the hotel. We were so pleased to find it in the room when the lifts closed!

Next - the beds. We were in a room with two twins. The linens are amazingly soft high count cotton. The mattress is like a cloud. Pillows? Perfect.

We were also lucky enough to be slope side. The balcony was a great place to end the day and to dry our gear wet from spring conditions.

Room tip: The balcony is fantastic.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
RustlerLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Alta's Rustler Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2015

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your review with TripAdvisor members.

I am humbled by your comments that our "customer service is exemplary". That truly means the world to us. The Rustler Lodge strives to go above and beyond for all guests and to provide the best customer service in the canyon.

I also want to thank you for your detailed description of our "amazingly soft linens" and mattress that "is like a cloud". I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your balcony and full Mountain View just as much as the quality of our sheets.

We hope to welcome you back to Alta and the Rustler Lodge for the 2015-16 winter ski season!

Courtney Brattin